front drop coil question

Heza

I have suspension technique front lowering coils on my GP, but didn't install them myself because I didn't have the tools. Could someone tell me how much of a pain it is to do with proper tools?? My buddy wants to put them on his Z34 Lumina.

Zach

I have suspension technique front lowering coils on my GP, but didn't install them myself because I didn't have the tools. Could someone tell me how much of a pain it is to do with proper tools?? My buddy wants to put them on his Z34 Lumina.

Zach

fairly easy if you have the right tools and are mechanically inclined. I would pull the strut assymboly off and take it to a shop and have them swap the actual springs. then put the strut assymboly back in yourself.

Shane

That still means popping the ball joints right? And the springs would still be ?? in an assembly, meaning nothing comes apart and nails you?

I want the lowering springs also but never do it cause I figure I'll have to pay someone.

ok ok ok...i got yet another fun idea. since my base has an auto hobby shop, when i get back to the states i will post pictures of a coil swap on my friend's car along with pics of a B4U (ground effects package) install on my GP.

Would a spring lowering device like sold in local auto parts do the same thing or perhaps equal to a real lowered springs?

This device is located near the coil spring boosters section.

This device looks like a miniature spring compressor and costs about $5 each which you need two of them per coil spring.