Stupid car!

warwgn3

ok, so the blower fan stopped working. any idea what caused it to stop? blown fuse? if so, which one do I check?

my bro also says that the alt. is on it's way out too, even though it is holding a charge. I have no horns because I had to disconnect them to find why the car died 3 times in one day, so I can't blast any stupid drivers.

Being that its a lumina, I can assume that ther is no electronic Climate Control to deal with. Had the fan been making any strange noises lately?? It could be that the brushes inside the motor are burned out. If the fuse checks out, than turn the blower on high, remove the kick pannel on the passenger side, and tap the bottom of the motor with something hard. The motor is right in the front on the right side.

Electonic climate control? I'm not sure. Everything is push-button activated, and the temp control is on a slider.

no noticable noises.

Which fuse do I check? I know where they are, but I'm not going to check all of them because I assume that only one fuse powers the fan. and unless I'm not looking hard enough, I dont see any label on the F/B that indicates the blower fan.

I will try the kick panel thing.

AFAIK, there is only 1 fuse to power the Blower. On my Regal, it is a 25 amp fuse that is marked AC 2 that controls my blower, but check all of the fuses marked AC. As for the Electronic Climate Control, you dont' have it.

there is that lower dash panel that is black plastic above the passengers feet. remove that and the fan is there. it is the silver cylinder thing towards the firewall. Inspect the plug, I have seen a few fans act up because they got corrosion on the connector. if it is corrosion, scrap all yout can out with a pic or something, grease the contact and reinstall. otherwise, a voltmeter or test lamp can be used to make sure the wire is providing power. This should not be hard to fix good luck.

Ok, so I checked all of the fusesinside the glove box in the top pic. They all check out fine. Unless the blower fuse is one of the huge shiney fuse things behind the kick panel in the bottom pic... I haven't checked those yet.

I also tried hitting the blower, to no avail. Maybe I didn't hit it hard enough, or just not in the sweet spot, if there is one.

I tried to check the connection on the blower, but couldn't get it off. It's being held on by a couple of tabs, and I can get one of them to release.

Any other Ideas? perhaps the blower just died without warning, and I need a replacement.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

test for power at the plug.

unless your talking about something else, I'll repeat... I tried to check the connection on the blower, but couldn't get it off. It's being held on by a couple of tabs, and I can't get one of them to release.

Ok, I used a voltmeter and I checked the plug with the 2 wires going to the fan. (Red probe in one side, black probe in the other). There IS power going to the fan. 12 volts right away. So I need a fan, right?

BUT! When I turn the fan speed control down, the voltage remains at 12. I thought it would go down, wouldn't it? Slow, med slow, med high, and High all show the same voltage.

What's going on?