18incholdz

When i turn 18 in june i plan on taking out a personal loan to do my swap...I have a 1995 olds cutlass supreme w/ the 3100sfi in it...and i want to swap it over to the 3800 series II supercharged motor.. How much money should i need to buy the engine, transmission, and computer? A friend of mine and I are going to do the installing so there shouldnt be much labor.....does 3000 sound like enough?

and is it possible to have the 3800 supercharged w/ a standard transmission? or does that take a lot of custom work to have done?

It really depends on where you get the parts from. I have been told anywhere from $1000 to $3000 just for the parts. The last engine/trans & wires I saw on e-bay went for $2000. SO 3 grand could give you just the parts or parts and extra money for Misc. things. If you can find a donar car before you get your loan then you should be able to know around how much you'll want to ask for.

Laterz,

William Grimmer

3000 Grand?

Wow, I guess you would be spending that kind of money upgrading your engine, transmission, computer and perhaps other misc items.

Personally, I would use money that for my planned fiero based kit car :twisted:

Guest TurboSedan

yeah i think you can pull it off with 3 grand easy. you can put a Getrag 282 on there with a custom flywheel too. too bad it's so much more of a PITA to put a 5-speed in a '94+ W-body tho (clutch pedal mounting). i say go for it!

joshua