Fix one thing and another damn breaks... wipers... WTH!

EviLette

Okay, so I go a new windshield put in my car on Friday, right? Well, Sunday I took it to the carwash and rinsed all of the dust off of her... hit the mist button to clear all the water off my windshield... and my wipers caught in the middle and got stuck.

They are not functioning. They have worked fine up until this point, other than not fully returning to home position (an inch or so above there, not a big deal) but I think something got screwed up while they were being removed to replace the windshield... I highly doubt they've ever been off.

Anyways, I don't really think I can hold the guy who did it accountable, considering the miles of this car and all of that, i'm just getting really frustrated. At first we thought that the wipers just wern't timed right, but no matter what we did, they would rest way high and fly way far off the windshield when you used them.

Temporary solution: remove right wiper, keep left for driving... now what the hell is wrong? G-Mac said it was either the rod that runs between them or some kind of plastic thingie inside, up underneath.

All I know is I am about to put my own head through that brand new windshield.

Am I the only one who gets the feeling with these older W's that they're repeatedly slamming their head into a cinderblock wall? I love my Pontiac but I'm about to give up on her. Keep telling myself, one less thing to fix down the road...

But knowing my luck... blah I won't say it. No jinxie.

Does it sound like the motor is running, or trying to move the wipers at all? It could just be blown fuse. I would start by checking that if you havent already.

Does it sound like the motor is running, or trying to move the wipers at all? It could just be blown fuse. I would start by checking that if you havent already.

x2! Then check the connector for the wiper motor to make sure it's attached properly.

no no no... geez, I'm trying to understand. They only do not work because they jamb is how I read her thread. Assuming that haveing them jamb has not damaged them (not that likely) they are only misadjusted.

take it back and have the guy adjust them. they have to be removed during windshield replacement, and they have a slight range of adjument. He should be able to adjust them.