just a slight brag about my stereo... kinda excited. :P

mdelorie

I just have the desire to tell SOMEONE, cuz I'm all worked up over this.

Just bought a 15 Alpine Type R off a guy I know, gonna add it to my existing Sony 10s and make my trunk completely useless... :P

Probably hit at least 130 with this stuff... we'll see I guess :D

What's everyone else running? Also, anyone tried putting something into the coup doors? Are they deep enough for 5 1/4 components? or even 6 1/2s?

I have in the monte:

* 2 12" Pioneer premiere's

* 2 Crunch 350x1 amps (Sub Amps)

* Alpine V12 50x4 (midsrange Amp)

* Panisonic DF-88 HU

* Pioneer premiere 6x9's

Lumina:

* Kenwood HU

* Pioneer 4" components

* Alpine 6x9's

TGP:

* Stock HU and speakers

* Lightning Audio 200x1 "Bolt" amp

* 12" MTX Thunder Sub

some Lumina's had the OEM bose system with 5 1/4" door speakers so they should fit as will a set of 6 1/2" if you cut the door pannel to the correct size.

Shane

I can't wait to get my Alpine CDA-855 back from Alpine's service center. When I get it back, I'm repacing the speakers with Planet Audio 6X9's & 5 1/4's & 4"s for the dash. I already had the same combo in my GTP,(minus the 4's) with a USAccoustics 4050 driving them. I still need the trunk space, so I can't do the sub/amp thing anymore :D I had a USAccoustics 2300 pushing two Pro Atomik 12 DVC subs.

I dont have the type R, but type S. This is what im proud to be able to display after rewiring with much fatter, longer RCAs; fatter(10ga i think) speaker wire; and brand new power/ground wire(8ga to properly fit my amp, instead of the 4ga i had rigged into it. lights also seem to dim less now at night). i mounted the sub and amp so that they stay put instead of both floating around like before. one of these pics is already in the other thread about backseats. The cooling fans do a good job of dissipating the extra heat created by having my gains too high. they are computer case fans, the cool silver one blows off and the little one blows onto it. Also in the beofre pic, what you dont see is that there is no grill on the sub, and the was annoying (being afraid of anything going into the trunk)

Before:

before.jpg

After:

msp2.jpg

sideangle.jpg

I have never but subs in my car cause I listen to rock music and I have never heard any sub/amp setups that sounds good with rock. My current setup is a Kenwood deck and Kenwood 6x9's, it sounds really good but its kind of hard to hear the music and feel the bass when I have my windows down going 55+. Any suggestions for a good rock setup?

Really? All I listen to is mostly alternative and Hard rock. I find that you can get a really good sound out of it if it's tuned correctly. Music with long, drawn out bass lines will reak havoc with your amps though, heat 'em up real quick. I also find that it's very important to cross the bass out of your speakers, my Sony CDX-650 has a built in crossover, I keep the high pass at 75 hz for stuff that the speakers can handle (techno, rap) and 125hz for rock, as the speakers really get distorted with the bass. I'm gonna try to get some pictures of the whole setup pretty soon. My installer wants to eventually get everything in one box, I think it holds potential to look really good. :) Although some dampening material is definetly needed, the whole rear end shakes really bad. :roll:

I'm still working on my stereo but here it goes:

Reciever: Kenwood KDC-569 I think

Front: Infinity Reference 5.25" Component System

Rear Deck: JBL GTO-935 6" x 9"

Trunk: 2 15" SPL Subwoofers hooked up to a 1200 watt SPL amp, my trunk also has a cheapo 200 watt amp that will power my front and rear speakers.

I am currently builing my boxes, and with the wood left over, I'm gonna work on an amp rack. Anyone have any good tips when it comes time for me to carpet my boxes?

I have never but subs in my car cause I listen to rock music and I have never heard any sub/amp setups that sounds good with rock.

well come listen to mine then :rocking:

Subs are not just good for rap. Have you ever heard Metallica with subs? OH YEAH - it doesnt get any better than that. Ever tom petty or brian adams sounds good. Although i go more for the slipknot, korn, deftones, evanescence stuff. If your gonna be playing metal or rock get 10" subs they sound better for those genres.

However metal's best friend = 250+ watt 6x9 2-way speakers.