Fold down backseat conversion....

Bake82

So I'm getting tired of my system not being as loud as it can be, and my amp getting hot after short time. I was thinking of making my own fold down rear seat. Do you guys think it would work? And if so, how hard do you think it would be to do? Or would it be easier to go to a junk yard and pull one and have it re-uphlostered(sp??) to match my interior? And suggestions guys???? Thanks in advance..

just get a abck seat with a rear-pass thru. there no modifications necessary and place the amp right behind the pass thru if its getting too hot (prolly cuz yer gains are up too high, thats my problem) and when it gets hot pull that sucker down and roll the windows down. airflow galore. i also added computer case cooling fans to the top of mine. ill take a pic later today

Did those come with cutlass's? My sisters car has one and there pretty nifty and I'm gonna redo my interior somtime and I'm lookin for options. I think i'm gooa go with quad buckets if I can find some in good shape for a reasonable price.

Thanks rob, that looks good, I might have to try something like that first before I try to find a fold down seat at the junk yard. thanks, look good btw....

the fans are easy to rig, but hard to keep them in place(as u can see by the electrical tape). find any computer case fan (3 or 2 pin). in either case black is ground, u can wedge that into the ground wire on the amp, red is pos, just find some way to get that attatched to the remote wire. that way they turn themselves on and off with the ignition. face them/it blowing off the amp. like i said i have one blowing on, the bigger one blowing off. thanks and glad u like it!

i dont like that idea simply because then the interior looks like shit. again like i said im really anal about everything in the interior of my car. also i noticed the fuel pump is LOUD. without the backseat in there its actually so loud that without music its very annoying. u gain the ability to say u can only fit 2 people in your car, but then the inside looks like a shithole.

da back seat in a coupe has no point really (atleast i kno noone can site behind me cuz im 6'4" n i need all the room i need) but wont look taht bas missin a back seat if u get ur subs n amp fibagalssed in or somekind of a custome box but to eacht herre own its person reference right?

If you want to convbert your backseat into a fold out I HIGHLY suggust it. It's pretty easy, i'm bolting a plate to each side of the walls that the seat comes in contact with in order to hold the seat up. I'm working on making the bottom part fold up. I'll post pics as soon as they get developed.

With my Lumina I would loose 3/4 of my bass as soon as I closed the trunk. What I did was make a 6.5" hole between the 6x9's and covered it with a speaker grille I got from the door of a 90's Daytona. most people barely notice it and most seem to think I've only got one speaker in the rear. Either way it looks pretty good and definately serves its purpose well, it also helps reduce the stress on 6x9's especially when shutting trunk.

P.S. Don't fluch mount 6x9's in early Luminas, the holes aren't big enough and the speaker will hit the body, BAD!!! I put 1/2" spacers so I've got lots of clearance when my speakers jump.

ahhh type S :lol: ! I had 2 tens and they litterally raped all my friends who bought fosgates :) . I got a little to heafty on the amp side and push 1600w to each sub LOL! can you say smokeeeed!

later on down the road i think im gunna get 2 of their 2ohm 12" type R (such a corny name, but at least the other models use the 'type' prefix) and hooke those up to a muuuuchhhh bigger amp :twisted: