STE guys! Rear door speaker question!

Dirty Rockstar

As the topic says, I have a question..

How do you all like the sound from the speakers in your rear doors? How does it fill in the car? Does it sound stupid, drown out the rear deck, etc?

I am curious because I was thnking of something similar for the Lumina..

..What size are they? From pics Ive seen the size of the grille there looks like it could easily house a 5.25" roundie.. But I have never been in an STE up close, so I do not know..

..Chime in! I am dying to know how you guys like the sound! :cool:

Drown out the rear deck?

If you are truly worried about Imaging then you shouldnt be able to locate the speakers in the rear of the car while sitting forward listening.

If you are after a rear fill I advise NOT using anything in a rear deck as it creates a high noise floor.

I would advise you to go for the rear door speakers. Look into just mid bass's or at most two ways. Attenuate them down so you cant pick them out while sitting in the front seat.

The idea is to "fill" the car with sound. Not make it noticeable. The lower and farther away these speakers are in the rear, the better.

Actually CDT has a PDF on rear fill. Its spot on too!

http://cdtaudio.com/pdf/Learn_rearfill.pdf

i don't have any speakers in the rear doors in my ste. well, i have tweeters, but no mids. i have 6.5s and tweeters in the front doors, tweeters in the rear doors, and 6 by 9s in the rear deck