HVAC question

skippy

I have a problem on my newly acquired 92 Grand Prix, all my HVAC controls seem to work, except I can't get any air through the dash vents, floor and demist vents are no problem, just the dash ones.

Anyone got any ideas to point me in the right direction?

Look beside the battery near the fender for a vacuum line. There should be a 3-way check valve there, with one line running to the intake manifold, one to the firewall, and one to the vacuum canister in the front of the car (which should be "teed" off to supply the cruise module.) Inspect all of the lines, the canister, and the check valve for any damage, and be sure the check valve only allows air to go in one direction...

Thanks guys,

Checked out the vac lines near the battery and sure enough they are there, shame they weren't joined up, T piece had broken, robbed the washer T piece of my 68 Dart, and wot do you know, I've got air coming out of my face vents, heaven in the heat wave we are having at the moment.

I replaced my check valve, T valve was fine, vac ball isn't cracked. I followed one line all the way to the intake manifold, and checked my lines to the diagram. I still have lost use of vents/cruise. Is it possible at the vent controls, the vacuum line just fell off or something? Mine stopped working after stupid mechanics took my car apart and never hooked up any vac lines again. Another shop put it all back together, and then I had no cruise or vents :sad: