Turn Signal Issue

3pt1lumina

On my 97 Lumina the turn signal when turning left won't cancel anymore. Both blink and work fine, and the right works fine too, but the left doesn't cancel after the wheel is straight. The steering wheel also doesn't "click" when turning to the left...but it does to the right...

Any ideas?

sounds like a gear is worn out, or has fallen out of place in the signal stalk switch thing.....ben there, done that with my dad's Taurus...what a pain in the ass....

Yeah...well it still works so I'm not going to mess with it because of the airbag. I just have to keep an eye on turning it off so I don't end up like those people who don't turn their turnsignal off haha.

If it gets worse, I'll let one of the tech's do it at work under the table. Yay for working for a GM dealer!

No, you don't need to replace the switch! What's broken is one of the cancelling springs, which I cover how to replace in my write-up.

http://tss.likeabigdog.com

Learn it

Know it

Live it!

Scroll down to the part that says "Here's how you replace a broken cancelling spring"

don't let the airbag worry you....pull the SRS fuse and don't touch any wiring covered in yellow insulation...hell in my dad's Taurus I didn't even pull the fuse...just didn't touch the yellow wiring