Weird freakin noise

CdnCutty

Alright I`ll try to post this the best I can....so I`m driving down the highway doing about 120km/h and suddenly the car starts ( Ding...pause...Ding..pause..Ding..pause...then goes away) so I check all gauges, temp, fuel, etc...nada..it`s only happened to me once before and I was coming to a stop light when it happened...so any ideas....its to weird...it almost sounds like when ur door is ajar..but its not..

my door chime randomly went off for about 30 seconds last night while driving, no idea why. never done that before. (i think i might have hit my remote or something)

This sounds stupid, but did you leave your blinker on? In my 94 Cutlass there was maybe 4 times in 4 yrs. of owning it, took a light turn or something where the signal didn't "self cancel", I had my stereo up loud enough to not notice the blinker clicking and after so much distance the car will start making that chime noise. You said you checked all guages, so that's probably not it, just thought I'd mention it though cause it takes a long time for it to go off, and when mine did that the first time I thought WTF is that :lol: I was coming off the freeway and turned my blinker on too early. U said u were coming to a stoplight, so maybe. It's one of those hidden features that makes me miss the cutlass :sad: like the one that kills your interior lights so your battery doesn't run dead after having the doors open for over 20 min. cause you're running 4 guage Monster power wire and your new $90 Monster cable preamp wires that your friend gave to you cause he was junking the POS they were in. :biggrin:

hmm, i forgot about that "feature". I bet that was my problem, as my UB3 has a messed up circuit so that the right blinker works, but doesn't show up on the cluster. I know where it is and fixed it once, but i dont care enough to pull it out just to do that. there is a stretch of about a mile at my exit that keeps getting wider, so i usually leave my right blinker on and keep getting over

This sounds stupid' date=' but did you leave your blinker on? In my 94 Cutlass there was maybe 4 times in 4 yrs. of owning it, took a light turn or something where the signal didn't "self cancel", I had my stereo up loud enough to not notice the blinker clicking and after so much distance the car will start making that chime noise. You said you checked all guages, so that's probably not it, just thought I'd mention it though cause it takes a long time for it to go off, and when mine did that the first time I thought WTF is that :lol: I was coming off the freeway and turned my blinker on too early. U said u were coming to a stoplight, so maybe. It's one of those hidden features that makes me miss the cutlass :sad: like the one that kills your interior lights so your battery doesn't run dead after having the doors open for over 20 min. cause you're running 4 guage Monster power wire and your new $90 Monster cable preamp wires that your friend gave to you cause he was junking the POS they were in. :biggrin:

[/quote']

I just did the test....in a few instances I left theturn signals on....sure enough that was the sound...thanks for the tip!

lol omg the first time my 94 cutty ever did that i almost shit my pants. it was so loud i heard it over my radio. i had no idea it even had the feature. my 85 caddy used to just go tick tick tick and then automatically shut off. werd lol :biggrin: