ok, so about my earlier topic about setting a reserve... lol

89BuickRegalGS

ok, I feel i should add, teh car runs, but shouldn't be driven more than a mile at a time, it stalls a lot, and the starter wires keep coming loose so its a bitch to get running again...

still set the reserve at $1000 ish?

oh yeah, no flame war here this time!!! lol let the kid be

You could at least tighten the starter wires.

Or

You might want do some minor tune up yourself and it would be good to the bidders eyes. Loose starter wires, stalling might make the bidders turn away.

Don't forget to include in the listing all the new components you have replaced/installed.

Who knows, by the time you fix it up, you might decide not to sell it :twisted:

$1000 reserve still.

You could at least tighten the starter wires.

Or

You might want do some minor tune up yourself and it would be good to the bidders eyes. Loose starter wires, stalling might make the bidders turn away.

Don't forget to include in the listing all the new components you have replaced/installed.

Who knows, by the time you fix it up, you might decide not to sell it :twisted:

$1000 reserve still.

well, the problem is, in the past moth, i have spent over $1000 on the car, but i am still only getting 26lbs of compression on cylinder 6, so the car runs rough and stalls... I think it would be selling only as a parts car... it has a lot of new stuff on it though, i am just hoping to recoupe osme of my money

With the compression problem- $300. This is ebay- Ive seen good running w-cars go for under $1000. Like there was 1 mint '93 cutlass coupe with maybe 80k go for $1300. It was beautiful. Then there was that running Lumina with a good body and trans, with a compression problem also, that sold for $102

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=2413142303

sorry dude

i put my 89 up on ebay listing bad cat, aligment probs, and a bad rattle......it didnt get above 250 and ALL 4 were deadbeat bidders. my advice is do NOT put a car thats not capable of making it to a destination across the country on ebay

1) The car has compression problems! VERY BAD!

2) The wires are loose and it stalls. BAD!

If the interior and paint/body are very clean ... $750

If the interior and paint/body are average ... $500

If the interior and paint/body are typical 15 year old GM ... $350.

---

15 year old cars have almost NO value useless they run / look perfect

and you have $5000+ worth of receipts to back it up.

I have seen PERFECT 96 Ciera's sell for only $1860, and that is half the age of yours.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2412071075&category=6405&rd=1

You buy GMs to drive them, not for their resell value.

Look at the low resell value of a rare/mint Turbo Grand Prix vs an import turbo.

I am the only guy in my area that fixes up 1989-1993 GM cars, and I only

do it for myself, mother, sister, nieces, etc. My garage is full of parts for

the 2.8/3.1/3.1 turbo/3100/3300/4T60.

Sorry if anyone disagrees with me. I tell people never to put money (ie your $1000) into a car

that they are not keeping for at least the next year!

I have had Jeff M. mod my 90 TGP for me and I won't even discuss what that has cost me!! (Consider it a verbal NDA!)

My 89 Ciera International has cost me over 3.5k in the last two years:

$2000 for body parts and a complete DEALERSHIP QUALITY paint job (needed when I bought the car for $1000)

$1000 for fuel pump, timing set, struts/shocks, stereo, speakers, alt, heater core, battery

$500 for headliner, dashboard replacement, cracked weather stripping on doors

My 90 GP LE has cost me $2000 for body work, a complete DEALERSHIP QUALITY paint job, and a rack&pinion

But all 3 cars will be staying in the family for a long, long time.

PS: Hartford insurance paid me $4500 for my 90 GP LE because:

1) it was in "DEALERSHIP PRESTINE CONDITION" when it was hit by a Ford Explorer speeding in the snow.

2) I had $15K (!!!) worth of receipts because I have owned the car since 1994. I faxed the insurance company over 33 pages!!

-- Kevin Heider