power wire routing ? - abs and 5 speed????

stockgp

short of drilling a hole in my firewall, i can't figure out how i'm going to run power wire for my amps. has anyone with abs and a 5 speed done this? i really don't want to drill a hole in the firewall, but i guess iw ill if i have to.

oh, and don't buy power acoustik amp kits. i got a 2 awg kit figuring it would at least be 4 gauge. nope, it's like 8 gauge wrapped in 2 gauge casing. it's good enough for my front amp, but not my sub amp.

ah well...

Theres no grommet in the firewall by the brake booster?

That's where the clutch master cylinder resides on the 5-speed equipped cars...

that sucks. what's worse is that the biggest drill bit i have was just big wnough to puch the wire through. i couldn't fit a grommet around it.

shitty...how did u even manage to fit a drill in there to drill the firewall?? holy shit I hate our cars because everything is so tight against the firewall

http://www.knukonceptz.com

Get your wire and stuff there ;) Save a bundle and get the good stuff...

Anyhow you really want to get a grommet on there. BUy a drill bit if you have to. Otherwise over time the sheetmetal will wear into that power wire and you will blow your front fuse... Just a matter of time.

it was only going to be in there long enough for my new power wire to get here. then i'm going to redrill the hole and put a grommet in there. i've been doing this long enough, eventually it'll run through.

and, incidentally, i got my new power wire from knukonceptz on ebay. it arrived today, so i should have it in tomorrow

and 1990lumina, i had to take som measurements and drill from the inside. that's the only way i could avoid drilling through anything in the engie bay.

If youve been doing this long enough then you should of known better than to buy a Power Acoustik amp kit

:cool:

Personally I dont know how long you have been doing this so please dont come at me with that :) I read what I see in the thread and reply based off that.

well, i took a shot. i've never any power acoustik products, so how could i have known?

when i was still working in an audio store, we sold and used phoenix gold installation accessories...

well, on the plus side...i got my knukonceptz wire in today. my amp will be here any day now, my components and front amp are in. now all i need to do is start my enclosures

Well thats plays a role.

I believe they still ship UPS 2nd day ;)

He should switch to DHL though. I have way better luck with them ;) Cheaper also!