My friends car...

turby

One of my friends at work has an 89 GP LE. Blue/silver. Very good condition. 2 summers ago I did plugs/wires and the oil drive o-ring. Today he comes into work and asks if I have an alternator. He says his volt gauge is almost all the way down. I'm like, sure I have 1/2 dozen alts. How many ya want? Hehehe. Anyway, after I went back to work and put it on for him I figured I snap a shitty pic of his odometer. I'll try to remember to get some exterior shots of this thing tomorrow. He takes very good care of this car. The air is still ice cold. He's says he has never had to replace anything in the A/C except when he had it converted to 134.

BTW, the alt. took a shit due to the power steering pump leaking. The underhood insulaton is soaked and it started falling apart. The alt. sucked some insulation in through the side of the case and burned it up.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

my Lumia is still on the roiginal charge of R-12....can't wait till that stuff wears out lol...

High miler though..maybe my car does have some life left in it

Well, R134A is pimp shit, unless you covert it.. I believe 134A likes smaller diameter lines, and relies more on a higher pressure eenvironment than R12 does.. THe only way coverting to 134A is worth it is to upgrade your lines also to smaller, higher pressure lines.. This is all IIRC...

..Anyway, Im surprised the cluster works too! :willynilly: :willynilly:

..PICS of the ol beast turby! woot! :mrgreen:

..Anyway, Im surprised the cluster works too! :willynilly: :willynilly:

..PICS of the ol beast turby! woot! :mrgreen:

Everything works in it. Even the security lighting.

BTW, the alt. I took off was the original AC Delco. If it weren't for the PS pump leaking it would still be going. :willynilly:

How does the engine and tranny run and perform? Thats great that it has that high of mileage and the car still looks good.

I know the motor has never needed major work. The deepest anyone has gone on it was when I did the oil drive o-ring. Runs good. No noises. 30+ MPG on the highway still. He drove it to Florida after I did the plugs/wires/o-ring.

I don't think the tranny has had anything done to it. I'll ask him to be sure.

Wow, that's truely a testament to the reliability of these engine's.

Yeah, no shit!

Who was the orginal owner? I mean if he took care of it from the get go good for him! I mean that is a big feat for any vehicle. And who say's GM's reliability is shit?!

Who was the orginal owner? I mean if he took care of it from the get go good for him! I mean that is a big feat for any vehicle. And who say's GM's reliability is shit?!

I know he bought it with around 98,xxx miles. He has a notebook in the door where he writes the mileage and date and how much gas he puts in every time he gets gas.

That's awsome. My GP cluster still worked fine (I had to clean the tach needle cause it was sticky, but worked fine after that) it had 165k miles but that's only like 100,000km less than your buddy's.

He has a notebook in the door where he writes the mileage and date and how much gas he puts in every time he gets gas.

dang...thats care right there. is he an older guy?

He has a notebook in the door where he writes the mileage and date and how much gas he puts in every time he gets gas.

dang...thats care right there. is he an older guy?

that would be my guess...

and i also want pics of this thing.