Car Accident Today! NNOOOO!!!! My Poor Lumina!!! PICS ADDED!!

RJansen658

Some old man rear ended me today. He was driving like an 04' Chrysler Minivan. Totally screwed up my rear bumper fascia, and snapped the rear bumper in two! Outwardly it looks fine, just some scratches on the fascia, but when I climb underneat, the metal bumber behind the fascia is snapped right in half.

I only have PLPD Insurance so..... poor Lumina....

I got T-Boned on the passenger side of my 89 Cutlass and I only have PLPD. The Insurance company paid over $2000 to fix my car and $1000 for a rental for over a week.Now I have new paint on one side of my car and the other side is faded lol not sure if insurance works the same where you are, but here if it's not your fault and the other guys has insurance it doesn't matter if you only have PLPD.

NO FAULT BLOWS DICK!!!!

It only works if you kill someone, which allows you to get out of serving jail time.

It also, helps to up the insurance rates that we have in Michigan, especially if you live by Detroit.

NO FAULT BLOWS DICK!!!!

It only works if you kill someone, which allows you to get out of serving jail time.

It also, helps to up the insurance rates that we have in Michigan, especially if you live by Detroit.

Yeah, thats why I try not to drive too much up here. Besides the fact that give any idiot there license in Michigan(obvious because 95% of the people up here have no concept of turn signals, speed limits, or other people on the road besides for themselves).

yeah, that sucks man. No fault is a PITA... MA is like that, I remember when my buddy was in Boston for the weekend and he hit a limo... or rather the limo hit him.

the no fault program down there must be different from the one up here then....though we do have the option to go with tort instead I don't think many people do it.

guess this helps answer your question about what car to swap the engine into.......seriously though, sorry to hear about the accident and I hope that everyone involved is alright

michigan is no-fault, so hes gona be stuck fixing it himself.

Holy crap, that's downright criminal. Someone damages your car, and YOU are responsible for paying to fix it? Can you sue for cost of repairs?

no fault where I'm from protects you from being sued, but you can't sue either....here with no fault the insurance comapny pays for everything including rehablitation and all bills, etc if needed.....tort gives you minimum money for rehabilitation, etc...but allows you to sue...

So if someone crashes into your car and it's THEIR fault, and you only had liability insurance, then you are just as screwed as if it were your fault?

You can't even recover your damages?

That's wrong in so many ways.

So if someone crashes into your car and it's THEIR fault, and you only had liability insurance, then you are just as screwed as if it were your fault?

You can't even recover your damages?

That's wrong in so many ways.

yup

Yeah thats it Shawn. I was going to pursue the lady who ran a red and hit my CS, but I dont see it getting very far unless the she admits to it. ( lol ) The cops couldn't determine who did it...it was her word against mine, so I got fucked. It happens.

Get full coverage and live with the rates...thats about the best you can do. On a 93 Lumina I really wouldn't bother though...parts are cheap. My insurance company wouldn't even LET you put comprehensive on it.

Huh, in one of those states, if you don't like someone, you could just slam into their car in a parking lot and say, "oh sorry, it was an accident". If those states are like MO, police don't respond or give tickets if an accident happens on private property (i.e. parking lots) so you could get away with it 100% with no financial or legal responsibility at all.

Huh, in one of those states, if you don't like someone, you could just slam into their car in a parking lot and say, "oh sorry, it was an accident". If those states are like MO, police don't respond or give tickets if an accident happens on private property (i.e. parking lots) so you could get away with it 100% with no financial or legal responsibility at all.

God Bless America! We have a way to end the existance of Rice!!!! j/k

go to Parts Galore and get another bumber substrutcture and bolt it on. i see no need to repalce the bumper cover. YOu lucked ou, it hardly damaged the car!

Hell i'd just say screw it and just drive the car lol....doesn't look half bad right now even (I'm gonna get flamed for that)....

Nah, I agree. You really can't tell that it is there, because it appears that the bumper has fading clear coat already. If your really worried about it, fix any scratches, and respray the bumper.

Hell i'd just say screw it and just drive the car lol....doesn't look half bad right now even (I'm gonna get flamed for that)....

Nah, I agree. You really can't tell that it is there, because it appears that the bumper has fading clear coat already. If your really worried about it, fix any scratches, and respray the bumper.

It doesn't look bad, but I would take Ken's suggestion and replace the substructure. When I got rearended worse than that, I lucked out that I didn't need to have the substructure replaced. Though, then I would have gotten a completely new bumper, and not have the original one that is ever so slightly deformed on one side. :damnit1: Still makes me mad looking at it. :cussing: