Sony components?

CSI_MuNkY

Hey,

A friend of mine just got a job with sony and offered to get me sony stuff with her discount (she is working tech support and gets a discount on anything sony)

I'm in the market for some component speakers and have been looking at pioneer up untill this point. I already have subs and plan on getting a set of pioneer 3 way 6x9s for rear fill... I wasn't looking at sony cause I've heard bad things about the x-plod line up...

Does sony make any good component set ups? Or would I just be better sticking with all pioneer stuff? I surfed the sony website but my computer and the ones at the school don't like the website, so I wasn't able to find anything to get info on...

thanx

Jamie

The only things I would get sony would be: Digital Camera, Home Television, and maybe one of there cool looking laptops. I did work retail for about 2 years as well...

The only things I would get sony would be: Digital Camera, Home Television, and maybe one of there cool looking laptops. I did work retail for about 2 years as well...

lol, stick with pioneer it is... kinda figured so... just thought I'd check

I already have a good digital camera (7.2Mp and batteries, unlike some ppl we know *cough*Q-ball*cough* :lol:) and TV and laptop aren't in my budget right now...

thanx

Jamie

Just curious... how much are the Sony components.. and are they 6.5 or 5.25?

I've never really seen them in a big box retail store before, but I would imagine to spend between $100-$125 for them. Retail price that is.

Just curious... how much are the Sony components.. and are they 6.5 or 5.25?

Thats the thing... I wasn't abl eto find any of their website to even get a price idea...

Jamie

I didnt even know that sony made components. All I've ever seen are their coaxial speakers.

You know, I don't even know if they make any either, but they can't be good.

As soon as I read the title, I knew where this thread was gonna go. Commence with bashing sony car audio.

I wouldnt take/use SOny if it was given to me for FREE...

They truly are the laughing stock of the budget grade manufacturers...

I have had 3 sony HU, 2 sony amps, sony subs, and sony 3way 6x9s, and have had no problems out of any of them. I also get complimented all the time on how good it sounds, and a few people on this site can verify.