interior

hazmatic

let me see if i can type this normal of yall:

i got a 88 regal custome as u guys should know by now i have the wood trim but my question is - is there ne otha aftermarket or gm trims cuz personlly i dont like the wood trim??

i got a 88 regal custome as u guys should know by now i have the wood trim but my question is - is there ne otha aftermarket or gm trims cuz personlly i dont like the wood trim??

Like SuperBuick, he pulled his off and painted it to match whatever color he wanted. You could do that or make some replacement pieces yourself if you know someone in the trade.

- RedFox340

let me see if i can type this normal of yall:

I think your best bet would be painting it, I doubt there is aftermarket trim and I think all '88 regals came with wood trim.

:worship: I can :read:.

i thought bout painting it but i dont really think it would look good i aint lookin for nethin ricey i hate all they wood thats alot of paintin i wanted to see wut a stanless steal or even a carbon fiba would look like but if i have tp paint should i match da grey interior or neone got ne surgestions

Did those come with real wood, or plastic wood trim? Just Currious

I really think that painting would be a way to go. I personally really havent ever saw interior trim stuff like you are talking about, and if anything, it would just be painted anyways. Also, what about stuff from other Regals? For example, my moms 91 Lumina had black-wood like trip, but ive seen a bunch of other stock colors too.

And it may not really looks all to ricey at all. While Im not into painting the interior, unless to make it black to match the rest, you can aviod that.

For example, paint them body color, or beter yet, a neutral color, like black or white. Or, you could play off the interior of your car, too.

As for the Carbon, I dont think so. But maybe you could do somthing with metal, if you wanted to make your own.

Jon

Ive seen that vinyl decal thing with carbon fiber print, it comes in a roll that you'd apply to the trim, then cut the vinyl to shape with an exacto knife or something similar.

i beilve it is plastic not real wood but u say paint them body color i think that will look wicked ricey since muh car is red wit a grey interior i thought bout black but maybe ill look into makin somethin outa metal n dathe carbon fiba roll

Yeah red would look pretty ricey. I think black would look pretty good however, I cant really picture how it would look in a regal cause I dont own one. If you think carbon fiber would look better then go for it.

if im to paint the wood black n the trim around the wood trim n around the vents n the wood it self red would that look goor or 2 ricey or maybe a white

What color are they now, and whats the rest of the interior like?

Me personally, if its dark, stay dark. I have the dark graphite and black interior on my 96 CS. IF I were to paint anything, it would stay dark.

I do like the Vinal (sp) idea. That should work out really nice.

Again, I woudl think that the vents and stuff are already black, so just keep them dark IMHO.

Jon

PS - Thanks for typing with more clarity. It helps your appearance, and helps us understand you 10x beter.

the interior is greay wit they wood dash n shit n da trim around the wood is black n the vents r blask im wonderin i i paint the trim around the wood n around the vents red or white just the outlines

I really cant understand what you are saying withthat, id have to see a picture really. Sorry.

But I was thinking, while im not into it, that vinal idea could look REALLY nice if someone took their time at it

Jon

Do the vinyl thing- I know the Regal dash wood pieces are relatively flat, so it'll be straightforward. Heck, you can even use black contact paper, it will hold up better than paint will

i painted my 89 regals dash black, plus all the other wood trim in the car... it loooked good when fresh, i even clear coated it, but a couple months later, it got scratched to shit from stuff rubbing against it (keys, etc) i would try vinyl... but the black looks really good