Any Ideas?

Reapper

I just got some spare tail lights from Redfox (thanx agian). I am wanting to turn them in to clears. Anybody have any ideas? If not I'll try and figure it out on my own. I'll be making a page if I can get it to work. Wish me luck.

Laterz,

William Grimmer

Thanks I'm going to try and start working on them this week if I can find the time. I figured this had already been discussed but wasn't sure.

Laterz,

William Grimmer

you have a 95 Cutlass right? there is a guy on soundomain.com with clears on his 89 cuttlass, I'm sure they'd be similar, Here's his site.....................http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=217528&page=4 Hope that helps Reapper, good luck making them...

Thanx a lot Bake ya the lights are the same from what I can see. I was going to get started today but no time. You know they actually wanted me to work at work today. Go figure. So till tomorrow.

Laterz,

William Grimmer

Short Update: I've gotten some of it cut apart. actually only about 3 edges out of 8. Kinda slow going. Trying to find the best way to take the lense apart at the seams. Not easy with the damn curves. The best way I have found to cut the semi stright sides is to cut thru in one area a large enough hole so a hack saw blade can fit in. Then just run down the seam with the hack saw blade. If anyone has any ideas of how I can get the top and bottom sides cut at the seam it would help a lot. Also the heat gun idea to release the glue isn't working just making the plastic really soft, and in a couple places tryed to burn it. Thats about the only heating tool I have which sucks. I think if I had a hot wire or a soidering iron with blade it would work better. So any more ideas would be great. Thanx for the help so far.

Laterz,

William Grimmer