Front End Conversion

Pogo420

Which do you like more?  

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• 88-89 Single unit headlight
    • 89-90 (i think) Twopiece headlight...kinda...
    • 91-93 Mini-quads
    • 94-96 rounded off and sweetened up!

i really dislike my 88 front end, i dunno whut it is, but its like naked to me, and i would really like to change to newer front end, say 91-93 wit the quad lights. Does anyone know how difficult a task this may be? has anyone done it already?? though i have yet to side to side compare the cars, it looks like it'd jus be switching out the entire front bumber, but i'm hopeing *fingers crossed* that'd it'd be simple bolt up lil rewireing instead of a complete modification! great thanx to anyone who can help! the knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Go for it! Be creative... but you'll need all of the front end cosmetics from a newer Grand Prix like you stated.

- front fascia

- hood

- fenders

- headlight craddle

Once everything is located, it should be a basic straight bolt up and able to locate the pre-stamped holes and configurations. Best of luck; we want pictures!

- RedFox340

why would he need the hood? isnt the bumper that fits the miniquads molded to fit the space unused where the original lights would go?

why would he need the hood? isnt the bumper that fits the miniquads molded to fit the space unused where the original lights would go?

i agree, why would he need a hood? the hood shouldn't matter.

Last I looked, it did seem that the 1988 - 1989 vs. 1990+ had different hoods depending on model. Perhaps I'm wrong... RedTurbo90: care to shed some light on the suject?!? :shock:

- RedFox340

maybe i'm wrong. but whenever i'm looking for the louvered hood, i always come across non-louvered and it's for 89-96 GPs. i don't understand why the '88 model year would be so significant requiring a different size or what not.

alright...my friend jus pointed something out to me...when i was think'n bout changeing frontends i was jus thinking bout the headlights, but i need the entire front bumber meaning dif body kit cuz doesn't the newer GP's have more of skirt or are there ones wit out? i haven't seen any that i'm aware of yet..does anyone know which would be the best out of the 91-93 models that would match up best wit my 88 basic GP?

You can get one off a car without the ground effects and it will be pretty close. You can even swipe the moldings and rear bumper off the same car and it will work on yours.

how hard is it to get the side moldings off? and better question how hard to get them on my car? is it jus like snap on stuff or whut?

how hard is it to get the side moldings off? and better question how hard to get them on my car? is it jus like snap on stuff or whut?

i'm putting an entire '94 ground effects package on my car when i get back. they just clip on/off...but you gotta drill the holes to put the clips in. that's the tricky part. i have a post in the 'general' forum entitled "would you all care to see?" regarding it. i am gonna post pics of the entire process.

zach

Thanks I am happy for no codes- cause B4U is a heck of a lot more than just the ground effects....springs, sway bars, heavier steering rack!

AAAHH! I wanna do the exact opposite.. only on a 4-door. I wanna get rid of the huge lighting runway on the front of my car in favor for the older, simplier style, with the foglights. Anyone care to tell me what I need to get before I do this trek? Just a front bumper is all I can see right now..

not tryin' to hijack your thread.. anyone can PM me if they want!

front bumper, the foglights themselves. would the wiring and interior switch be different? does the lightbar setup still use the foglight switch?

then im guessing whatever bulbs and wires to those bulbs that switch controls, u can just use them for the seprate foglights in the conversion

front bumper, the foglights themselves. would the wiring and interior switch be different? does the lightbar setup still use the foglight switch?

yeah its still got a seperate switch for the foglites. I was wondering if the bulbs are gonna be the same, thus fitting in the existing wires. otherwise the bumper should just snap up in there, foglites bolt in, badabing, badaboom?

that would be and easy fix! why not wire the interior lights (yellow) on TGP to the fogs that sit on the inside of the headlights to the lower fogs so you you can use the stocker switch.