91GPSTE

I paid a visit to a junkyard about 20 min from my house that I haven't been to in a while and they got a GTP in there. Unfortunately I got there too late because it was pretty stripped. A couple of months earlier and I bet I could have gotten a lot more. Anyhow, I got myself a perfect dashpad with HUD and HUD dimmer switch and all installation hardware for 30 bucks! It was even the right color. The car also had some decent black leather seats in the front, the back was gone. Drive seat was a bit torn but the passenger was perfect. Everything else on the car was pretty much gone. Still had a red B4U rear bumper, steering wheel with radio controls, door panels, part of the center console with seat buttons and most of the dash. All the glass was still there too.

Now, anyone got a link on how to wire the HUD into 91' STE?

The junkyard is in Niagara Falls. I didn't take a close look at the bumper but it looked to be in decent shape. Would definitely need a repaint though or decent polishing.

I'm almost certain there's atleast one canadian member here that needs a red b4u rear bumper for a b4u conversion they were doing. :thinking: I can't remember who it was though.

Gah...if my phone hadn't rang I would have been the first to post here. Doh!

I'm almost certain there's atleast one canadian member here that needs a red b4u rear bumper for a b4u conversion they were doing. :thinking: I can't remember who it was though.

That'd be Q-ball...we are both located in London...I'm gonna have to get in touch with him and let him know, he will be all over this! thats like 2 hours from here!

Jamie

He could get it for pretty cheap too I am almost certain. Considering that I offered the guy 40 bucks for the dashpad and he said it was too much. :lol: Then I offered him 30.

what year was that hud out of ?

No clue. The cars aren't labeled or anything.

I just went to install the HUD in the car. Surprisingly, my car was already prewired for it so it was a plug and play install. However it doesn't seem to be working. Does it only work at night or during the day as well? Is there a fuse that I need to install in order for it to work? If it's busted, is there anything that I could check to see if it's actually busted or if it's the wiring or perhaps shitty soldering job somewhere?

Do they have any Acuras?

I have no idea. Imports present no interest to me.

Well, could you atleast look? I've been on the hunt for some parts.

I don't go to that yard very often because it's not that close to my house and if the Acura is same as in your sig, I doubt they would have anything for it. There is another yard by me that has newer car so they would probably have something for it but they are more expensive too.

Do they have any Acuras?

I don't go to that yard very often because it's not that close to my house and if the Acura is same as in your sig, I doubt they would have anything for it. There is another yard by me that has newer car so they would probably have something for it but they are more expensive too.

My Acura is only a 1991. But, if they don't have anything like that there, then don't worry about it. Thanks anyways though.

So, anyone know if there is a separate fuse for the HUD or what cane be busted in it?

Its in the GP in your sig? Last I heard, there were solderability issues with those HUD's.. similar to the solder issues in the clusters for those years.

Are there any tech articles as to what needs to be resoldered? I heard that dimmer switches go bad on these things too. Is it just the part that moves the mirror or the actual switch?

I want I want. I dont have internet anymore. I got cut off for having "virus's" that are trying to attack my isp. So I am at GTP_Munky's house. :D

Anyways I do need that rear bumper and inside door panels with the cup holders in it. Could you see what kind of condition. Could you take pics of it? If you want, get them off for me and I could pay you?

I'll send you a pm about the details. Thanks!

Do they have any Acuras?

My Acura is only a 1991. But, if they don't have anything like that there, then don't worry about it. Thanks anyways though.

It`s to bad you didn`t live up here...I got a hook up at a scrap yard that specializes in only honda/acura...thanks to my civics back in the day...if you really need something let me know..cause they ship anywhere..

I got the HUD working this morning. I was expecting more to tell you the truth. lol I guess it's more for night time driving than the day because I could barely see it.