2 ?s Keyhole light...where does it go?/Is this the keyless entry ground thingy?

david_n_nelsonville

Ok, this time I'm providing photos...

This is the keyhole light;

Keyhole_Light.jpg

Where does this go so that it works?

And

Am I right in assuming that this is the keyless entry programming lead thingy?;

Keyless_Entry_Programming_Lead.jpg

Thanks

Don't forget I bought that lighted keyring from you (fastbird).

And yeah, that is the keyless entry programming wire.

Not sure what you're asking in the first pic.

Sorry about blurry first pic, it was hard to keep the camera still.

Thanks about the keyless programming lead, wan't 100% certain if that was it or not. Where do you ground it to program a new fob?

What I meant with the lighted keyhole thing; the little clear plastic square part that actually lights up is just dangling. Where and how does it mount/stick/go in/attach? I looked all over the lock cylinder and couldn't find a spot for it, but the wire doesn't seem to be long enough to reach the cylinder anyway. I do, however, believe that this isn't the original driver's door. I created another post in the audio forum (where is the "Electronics" section, anyway?) where I was fixing the door mirror because all of the wires on it were cut down to about two inches remaining. I did wire it up, but it only moves horizontally, not vertically. The driver's side mirror housing is black, but the passenger's is blue. Also, on a car with the built-in amp, shouldn't there be that "gain knob" in the map pocket? Mine doesn't have it.

Thanks again

Ground the wire anywhere thats a ground. :lol: The easiest thing would be to stick a short length of wire in there, and touch the other end to the power antenna ground. ( the silver wire and bolt at the top of the antenna )

For the key light, there should be a fiber optic ring at the front of the lock cylinder. Odds are if it aint there, someone replaced the door handle and left it out.

IIRC the gain switch was only used on TGPs. The 92 GTP I got my seats from had premium audio, and no such switch, so dont worry about it.