Stereo head unit question

barryc

My wife (who drives the car-95 Grand Prix GTP) refuses to give up the steering wheel audio controls. The stock CD is a piece of crap (needs repair, plus I have other components to go in the car, and I'm not about to run a good quality system with a stinkin' line level adapter). All of the stereo shop guys say they don't know of a unit that integrates. Since they aren't focused on one kind of car, I thought maybe one of you might have an idea?

Thanks

I don't know where i've seen it but i have seen adaptors so that the steering wheel controls will still work but it involves some complicated shit and basically has to learn all the controls and what they do........stuff like that......it was expensive tho

I have a 95 Cutlass with heater and audio controls on the steering wheel. Best Buy has a $50 unit made by P.A.C. That hooks up with 4 simple wires and it learns the IR signal from the remote of the head unit and its a breeze to install and program.

Thanks, I'll check it out. That sounds like the ticket. As a bonus, I pulled the door panel today and the previous owner had installed SoundStream satellites in the door and SS coaxes in the back, which makes my life much easier. I've had these same speakers before and I know they sound nice with a good amp on them.