96 Lumina Owners!!

firefighter_0029

Are you saying they were optional? My old 96 Loomie had neither auto headlights, nor DRL's. I don't recall there being anything in the owner's manual saying they were available on non-Canadian models, either...

I don't believe my old '96 Lumina had DRL's either. I dug out the '96 shop manual. It shows RPO T61 being the code for DRL's. It has a schematic for the DRL module also. It shows fuses #3 (DRL MDL) & #15 (HVAC #1) being tied to it.

I don't believe they came with auto-on lights and there is no mention of it in the shop manual.

My 96 Lumina had them but I can't remember if it had auto on or not though. I think it did but I've had alot of cars with them since I've had it.

I know they came with them because I robbed the whole Dash wiring harness and 2 Modules for them this morning at work from a 96. Weird thing is though we have 8 or 9 96 Montes and none of them have DRL's they are just like mine with a spot in the fuse box but no wiring.

I don't believe my old '96 Lumina had DRL's either. I dug out the '96 shop manual. It shows RPO T61 being the code for DRL's. It has a schematic for the DRL module also. It shows fuses #3 (DRL MDL) & #15 (HVAC #1) being tied to it.

I don't believe they came with auto-on lights and there is no mention of it in the shop manual.

Can you get me the wiring diagrams Please?

My 96 Lumina had them but I can't remember if it had auto on or not though. I think it did but I've had alot of cars with them since I've had it.

I know they came with them because I robbed the whole Dash wiring harness and 2 Modules for them this morning at work from a 96. Weird thing is though we have 8 or 9 96 Montes and none of them have DRL's they are just like mine with a spot in the fuse box but no wiring.

Can you get me the wiring diagrams Please?

Well it's probably just the Luminas then because only 97+ Montes had DRLs. Thank God.

96 Montes did have DRL's not alot of them though. It's like finding a 96 With D/P Climate Controls and a MoonRoof.

If I can figure out a few little details. I'm putting them in mine for the Auto Headlights. What can I say.... I'm Lazy. :lol:

Those of you with DRL's 2 Questions:

Do 96 Luminas have Auto Headlights with the DRL's?

And is the fuse for it #3 in the Fuse Box?

MIne has the dial, but they come on automatically. I was under the impression it was an option.

Awesome thanx!! I think I need to find another Module out of something else. I put them in and the DRL's are the low beams instead of the High Beams. I'll get some pics tomarrow.