97 GP Headliner...What Ta DO?

95oldsVan

Is it possible for someone at home to fix the headliner,and I mean tear it all off and put new fabric with just some basic tools,adhesive spray or etc?

The 97 I bought,was hanging down eveywhere..then one of my kids got hold of it and RIPPPPPPPPP...big hole...so im thinking of tearing it all off..but was wondering what can someone at home do...

Yet there is a shop 2 miles from me that specializes in headliner repairs...but im too broke now to have someone chargee 150+ bucks to recover it again.

Just wnated to know if anyone had any home made experience replacing theirs and what they did to do so.

:)

Pep Boys sells a headliner recovering kit, as does JC Whitney. Basically what you do is remove the "shell" from the car, scrape off all of the old fabric and the foam behind it, throw on some spray adhesive, and lay the new material down over the shell. After that, you trim the fabric to fit and reinstall the headliner back in the car. Bada bing, bada boom.

Here, I even found the kit for ya...

Hey everyone,thanks for the link and replies! That kit with JC whitney looks pretty good...and about the junk yards,hmm...not many around here...at least anytime I called for some GP stuff they never had any cars there they said of that model...

I have used 3M's spray adhesivbes,both types,in the cans...still have some...was thinking about maybe trying to buy my own fabric and glue that onto the headliner board...I tore off the headliner skin and the foam underneath is in excellent shape..isnt deterioating and crmubling off like on some cars Ive seen.

If not,maybe will try the jc kit..we shall see.