Need some suggestions

Robby1870

Alright, I need some suggestions on a new receiver for the STE. Right now I have a ~5 year old Sanyo 1.5 DIN 40Wx4 receiver. I have no subs or "system" nor do I ever want one, so sub pre-outs are not needed, although most decks have them built in. I have replaced the factory 6.5" door speakers and rear 6x9s with Pioneer 100W 2-way speakers. Here are my other requirements:

mp3 capability

Preferably 1.5 DIN, but from preliminay research, they are few and far between

Price: $100-200

Preferably red, orange or yellow lumination

IR remote (I want to get my steering wheel controls working again with a PAC-SWIX)

Decent built in equalizer

Also, if anyone as any suggestions for decent tweeters, feel free to add those. Thanks.

Thanks guys, both of those decks look good. I'll have to make a decision shortly. I'm really interested in recommendations on tweeters. Mine all still work, just figured I'd replace them as well along with everything. Ive looked at all three brands of tweeters recommended, and I cant find much on ebay or stores for that matter.

I dont know how much your looking to pay for Tweeters, but heres a couple I found.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QuTtHAaoxeB/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=430&I=1081011T&search=tweeters <-- ones that came with my component set. I like'm!

But if your gonna pay that much for some tweeters, just pay a little more and youll have a Component set!

http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=12&pid=28&cur=USD

:werd:

I don't see the point in just tossing some random tweeters. The sensitivity, and frequency range might be all out of whack and sound like shit... you'd definatly be better buying a set of components (that have a crossover) so that it's all matched and designed to work properly. I've seen 6.5" Alpine component set (which sounded really good) for $220 CND.

Well, a component set would be nice, but I dont wanna buy more 6.5"s since I just put new ones in last year. I guess I'll probably just leave the ones in there. Also, when I replaced my 6.5"s I think I remember the factory tweeters having a weird impedence. I wanna say like 6ohms (they're run in parallel with the 6.5"s). So, what Im saying is that it would be hard to find just tweeters to match my car. I would hate to run a different impedence and have the tweeters either too loud or too quiet. Oh well, thanks guys for your help. I gotta look into those decks soon.

use the deck power for the tweeters. get Morels or something from parts express. use the x-over freq. controls on the deck to cut out the low range. and use another amp if you need more channels. most amps have high pass dial settings and switches. I dont see why its not possible.

youre probably being brainwashed by a salesman at a stereo store selling $400 component sets.