Regal UB3 diagrams:bigger

Lee

These were 600kb pics but photobucket shrunk them. The top one is 192kb but

the bottom one uploaded at 57kb. I'll retry tonight. I also could e-mail these to someone who is better at it. I'm at work right now.

I also have hand written papers that show the straight connector to connector layout ...as in C-1 to D-14 kind of thing. It would be Regal Base to Regal UB3.

This should definately be a sticky.

In fact, one of the mods should combine all of the guage cluster wiring diagram threads into one, instead of having 5 or 6 different threads about it.

Thanks for the bigger pics.... but I swear C7 is wrong for hi-beams, I have tried it with 2 diifferent cluster and no high beam indicator. When I turn them on I have voltage at the connector, it just won't light the indicator...

• 7 years later...

Sorry for bumping up a 7 year old thread.

I have a 1992 Regal with base digital cluster and I got me a UB3 full digital cluster which came from a 1991, and looking for pinout diagrams.

Searching through this forum has been helpful so far but seems there's no central place for a DIY procedure.

I have learned that I need to do:

1) remap pins on the cluster connector. I assume the connector remains the same, correct?

2) Replace low oil pressure switch and hot coolant switch for senders. This is plug-n-play, right?

3) Run a tachometer wire from some connector in the footwell to a cluster.

Someone please share pinouts.

I did it once several years ago. IIRC the plugs are different, I just ended up getting a length of wire and connector from the donor car and sliced it in. I didn't have a wiring diagram at the time but I'm sure people here can produce those now.

sending unit(s) are just swap them for the right units for cars with the full gauge cluster. they plug in just the same, you'll need temperature and oil pressure

the tach wire... that cluster actually uses the cars data bus for the tach, it can be obtained from the data link connector under the dash, forget which wire it is, shouldn't be too hard to figure that out. Just run a wire to the appropriate wire on the data link and it should work no problem.

Robert I cannot thank you enough! These will be very helpful to achieve the goal.

But should not there be more diagrams? Those only seem to show power and ground distribution, but nothing related to the actual sensors data.

White93z34 are you confident that the plug is different? I happened to snipe an eBay auction for a UB3 cluster for cheap but it did not come with the plug of course. Would a regular analog cluster plug fit? That would be easier to find on a junk yard.

Edited by Artem

The plugs are most certainly different between base digital, analog UB3 and digital UB3. When I swapped from analog to digital, I spliced the digital harness in with my original by stripping a small section of wire about 6" from the connector, made a loop out of the wire, and threaded the wire from the new connector on with heat shrink to seal it. Soldering would be better, but I did it this way so if for any reason I wanted to swap back to analog, it would be plug and play.