Unlisted wire in my cluster harness!!!!!!!!!Haaaaalp

Lee

Base digital to full digital UB3

Hey. Here I am calmly moving my wires from one plug to the other, double checking every move and when I get down to the last two wires...one to be discarded (grey 8 illumination) and/////what the heck is this white wire for?

I've already moved the correct white wire to the anti-loc brakes.I check my chart. The white wire in Base dash C-11 is listed as an unused slot....the UB3 C-11 is also listed as unused. This is an undefined white wire.

Buick wants my mind.

I checked the Cuttlass charts, no help. Base is unused, UB3 us grey 8.

This wire is just white. No stripe. My normal WHT wire has been moved to its assigned slot already.

Shawn or Brian? For now I'm leaving it out of the new plug set.

It also was a good thing that I got the plug with the UB3 cluster since the base plug has different tabs to slide into the cluster. (kind of like the the nintendos make sure the plug goes in right side up)

nope, every wire that is listed is accounted for on both clusters. I'm going to unplug it and leave it out for now...wrap some electrical tape around it.

The extra grey 8 wire I'm going to feed down to the cluster diplay button below the radio for the red light in the button. That leaves only a black ground to be spliced in to that module. I still need to hit a junkyard for pin-out connector ends for the module.

Today....splice in the tach and test cluster. I may have to figure out a way (not hard) to ground the cluster display wire to get the display toggled to where I want it.

Wish me luck!

I talked to Taylor, he thought it might be the tach wire. He was right...it's the tach wire for the analog gages. I don't use it in either of my digital gages so I was right to leave it unconnected.

Nope, I just had the base digital cluster with the 2 big numbers, odometer and gas gage.

They just happenned to have the analog tach wire included in the wiring harness and plugged into C-11 in the connector. No use to my dash. For anyone out there going from base digital to analog (needles/dial) it makes an easy plug and play. I had to use the orange serial data wire from the ALDL.

It really ticks me- would it have killed GM to design at least a temperature gauge into the base digital clusters? I mean, they display speed and fuel. What the hell, Im surprised they dont just use an idiot light for fuel too!

They should have just used two idiot lights for the odometer also. Mine quit at 86k. I hear that alot of them on the base cluster quit working.

When the car gets to 100k, one idiot light could say LOTS and at 200k one could say DIE SOON.