Amp set up

Pabz

I gota a rockford 351m amp and it has RCA hook ups as inputs, i have stock deck, so how can i hook it up and feed a signal to these rca inputs. Do i just splice in an RCA jack on the speaker outputs or what cause that wasn't working, just getting weird noise.

You can't splice the deck speaker leads directly into the RCA leads to the amp. You have to either do one of three things.

Get a new deck that is equiped with pre-amp outputs.

Get an amp equiped with speaker level line in inputs.

Get a signal converter.

The signal converter is your best, cost effective, bet. Basically it hooks up to your speaker lines and converts the signal. That becomes your pre-amp output. You just plug the co-ax RCA cables into the converter.

Just don't go and cut the body side harness. Disconnect the harness and then free up the speaker lines from that. Wire up the converter, then plug the harness back into deck.

The converter isn't going to give you the cleanest sound or signal to the amp. Only a true pre-amp output will do that.

edited to add a link.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=3947&dept=3944&product_id=870838&path=0%3A3944%3A3947%3A4429

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=3947&dept=3944&product_id=1863065&path=0%3A3944%3A3947%3A96490

The second will work even though it's designated to have specific applications.

I'd find more for you, it is a pretty common product.

I agree, the way I did mine when I still had my factory deck, was to splice into the passenger side rear speaker and hook up my rca through that. Thats about all you can do unless your an elctrical engineer and you can build your own rca oulets into the stereo circuit board, but come on, how realistic is that? :lol: :wink: 8)

I have a low pass crossover that i used to have in my car. I took the signal from my 6x9's and just hooked it up to the amp cause it had RCA hookups on the opposite end. It's for sale if you want it. Just PM me.

I did the same thing on my TGP. I wanted a new deck but i didn't want to lose my Steering wheel controles.

Get a Highlevel to low level converter it cost me $10. tap your rear speaker wires and walla.

Right (+)

Left (+)

Ground (chassis ground)

I will get pics of my setup.

RedZ