Question about A/C

1990lumina

Does the A/C on our cars (or mine, '90 Lumina w/ 3.1) have a tube or hose which directs condensation out onto the ground?? Reason I ask is my A/C is cold as hell still, but if I turn it off and put it to Vent it starts blowing in realy humid air (almost like something should be draining this mositure off)???

I figured something is just plugged up but what do I know

Any clue, or is that just how it goes??

Jeff, they do have drain tubes. Look about midways down on the firewall on the passenger side of the car(kinda behind the alternator area) and you should see the little black drain tube.

Jeff, they do have drain tubes. Look about midways down on the firewall on the passenger side of the car(kinda behind the alternator area) and you should see the little black drain tube.

Okay cool, thanks, I'll check tomorrow :D

My former 91 Lumina,the drain tube got clogged and one day water flooded the entire front carpet and ruined it.There was alot of water from condensation that kept filling up inside the box there.Make sure you pinch that rubber drain good and let the water out before it ruins the floor!

:lol:

Lol I'm still trying to find this rubber hose...I haven't had much time to look, but when I have looked I can't find it lol...maybe tomorrow if I'm done work early I'll have some time to screw around with it

Lol I'm still trying to find this rubber hose...I haven't had much time to look, but when I have looked I can't find it lol...maybe tomorrow if I'm done work early I'll have some time to screw around with it

Yup, it's on about the left 1/3 or so of the firewall, probably 1/2 to 1/3 of the way down. All it is is a lil black 90* rubber hose stickin out.