Bose subwoofer in a W?

Grand Moff Joseph

Is it possible to modify the rear deck to mount a subwoofer? I'm considering tracking down a rectangular Bose amp out of a Nissan to use in my Lumina. Any thoughts are appreciated. :)

-Joe

well... the 90 - 94 type luminas were offered with bose sounds. the amp was mounted in the trunk, beneath the center of the rear deck, and the rear speakers were powered by the amp.

The Bose amp in the Lumina's powered all of the speakers in the car, not just the rear deck.

I don't think you'd get much out of a Bose sub, as most are designed specifically for the vehicle they are installed in. I pulled a Bose sub from a camaro years ago thinking I could do something cool with it in one of my cars.. It sounded like complete shit, so I scrapped the idea.

The Bose amp in the Lumina's powered all of the speakers in the car, not just the rear deck.

I don't think you'd get much out of a Bose sub, as most are designed specifically for the vehicle they are installed in. I pulled a Bose sub from a camaro years ago thinking I could do something cool with it in one of my cars.. It sounded like complete shit, so I scrapped the idea.

I agree. Bose systems from experience arent all theyre cracked up to be in cars. Stock Bose systems do sound good, wouldnt spend the money to put one in my car, but stock sounds good because theyre designed for that vehicle. If your planning on wiringa bose system in your car have fun. I've worked with bose stock systems before and you really need to know your wires for that.!

Your better off going aftermarket with maybe a cheap 8" or 10" ( or the Elemental Design 6.5" sub ) whatever fits your needs, basically because whats stated above.