Need help for OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE MODULE/SENSOR for DIC

GuruUno

Installed trip computer/DIC for 94 GP, works fine, except temp reads -40 degrees, duh, no sensor. Purchased one from dealer, verified mounting location on front of radiator support where holes are provisioned, but no harness plug to plug into it! I removed acess covers and peeled back the wiring loom plastic covers from end to end, and could not find one taped up, cut back, hidden, etc.

THe DIC and HUD wiring was all in place when I installed those items (behind dash), taped up as written about here, but now kinda stumped for the temp sensor plug, anybody have this knowledge to share, or know what wires and where they may be?

• 2 years later...

The wiring connector should be between the headlights in the large loom. If not, you will have to run your own wiring back to the trip computer, splicing into the 2 temp sensor wires that are already there. I believe they terminate in the firewall connector on the passenger side.

I asked this question last week and got much the same response. I ended up wiring it into the harness behind the dash myself. I didn't run enough wire, and my outside air sensor is now an interior air sensor, often reading over 100 degrees! :lol: Run an assload of wire and you should be good.