What do you guys think? Bose or other..

mischief3003

Hey ugys i need new speakers all around for my 94 grand prix. I was wondering if i should get used factory bose speakers from a 99 grand prix for $5 each or get something else. I'm using the factory headunit. If i should get something else can u recommend me what to get. I want good but not to expensive speakers.

Forget Bose.. I would say pick a decent HU, a nice Amp (Because the factory BOSE Amps suck) and I am partial to Alpine Type S speakers.. The price is right for almost any budget and the sound is amazing..

..Some others may chime in with their opinions, but I have a feeling most will agree on the Bose part of it..

I'd stay away from bose. Unless your planning on getting the bose stock amp, along with the speakers, i wouldnt do it. Actually i still wouldnt do it, because i've heard them and their not like the BOSE sound you get in a home. Also anyone experienced in installations, knows that BOSE wiring isnt the funnest of the bunch. I'd prolly go with a new head unit, pioneer, clarion**, etc. Speakers, also pioneer, clarion, etc. Infinity makes a nice 4channel amp with good power, sound and isnt bad on the pockets. i think its like model 7541A. Any more questions let us know

I have Alpine type-s speakers in the four corners of my RX-7...they sound amazing for clear highs and mids...just need a sub now...(the way Mazda mounted the speakers there's not a chance in hell of them producing any bass lol)

i have the bose system in my GP, and although it sounds decent, it could be alot better...givin the choice i'd deffinatly go with an aftermarket setup...i'm gonna leave mine alone for a while until i decide what i wanna do...

Alright thanks guys so Alpine type S. Ill look into that. But could someone send me a link th an amo an an example. Also could i use an amp with my stock headunit?? Sorry im a noob at this.

You can use an amp with stock headunit, you have to get an adapter and wire it in to the rear speakers(thats where it gets the signal from). Then it will output from the adapter to the amp giving you sound. It will be an improvement in sound quality but not as good as it would be if you used an aftermarket HU. The HU is what lets you tune and make adjustments to the sound. But if your on a budget, i'd still go ahead and get the amp and adapter, but later on, get new HU. Hope i was some help.

I still need to do some more stuff to my car.(exhaust, tires, and get a good clear coat on my bumper) My speakers right now are dead and i need something.

Get a different headunit. I was so unimpressed with the one in my car. For like $100 you can get a cheap Pioneer that will be able to power aftermarket speakers and have much better features.

Also your car might have weird wiring for the rear speakers, depending on your knowledge of basic electronics you may want to consider getting it professionally installed. Keep an eye out for deals sometimes you can get free installations (you just have to pay for parts).

I still need to do some more stuff to my car.(exhaust, tires, and get a good clear coat on my bumper) My speakers right now are dead and i need something.

I would find exact replacements (from a GP) at the junkyard for now

If you really wanna know what speakers are good, go down to the local car audio shop, and take a listen to what they have. Make sure you go to more than one so youll hear more speakers. Whatever one your hears like best is what sounds good to you.

My Infiniti has a 220 watt Bose amp from the factory, and the stereo has no problems shaking the door panels, even on bass setting 0.

get a good HU with god power output (pioneer) and I would say for your 6x9s gow with pioneer and for the door speakers infinty..then wire them to the infiinty amp that chevyguy was talking about.

GUys i got one more question. Whats the difference between a 2 way and 3 way speaker?

The difference, lets take 6x9's for example. the major difference is frequency response. A 2-way's (coaxial) consists of a 6 x 9 midbass driver and usually a 1.5 midrange or tweeter. A 3-way, or (triaxial) typically consists of a 6 x 9 midbass driver, a 1.5 midrange or tweeter, and an additional 3/4" or 1" tweeter or supertweeter.

Basically if your planning on using seperate tweeters, 2 ways are okay but if you want that added clarity and high's, 3 ways are the way to go.

Bose amp is 2 ohm impedeance if you run bose you have to change all your component speakers and I think even wiring. My fiancees Intrigue has BOSE and I cannot change anything unless I pull out the HU and the speakers.