audio question

hazmatic

Sony speakers are crap. They don't sound that good, and they look like crap too. If money is no object, take a look at Dynaudio or Focal. If you don't want components, look into AVI point-source coincidentals. They will image the best if you plan to use stock speaker locations low in the doors.

Sony head units are just okay... they have some nice features and sound pretty good, but most of them look like crap. If gaudy is your style, then Sony might be what you want. If you don't need MP3 playback, you can't go wrong with a classic Mobile ES head unit like the CDX-C90 or the one before it, I think it was the CDX-910. If money is no object and you don't mind buying used, take a look at the Sony XES or Pioneer ODR. I have a Pioneer DEH-P7400MP in my truck, and it's a very nice HU that plays MP3's for $200-ish.

For subs, get JL Audio. I'm very impressed with the cheapie 12W1's I have, and a long time ago, I listened to some 12W6's at a local car audio store and they sounded fantastic.

i decided to go infinit kappa speakaz fo da cab of da car i just need to find a faceplate n subz i wuz leanin to dem alpinez but i guess ill do some mo lookin around but werre should go for ampz

Infinity is okay, but not that great.

They are consumer grade for people on a budget, I thought you said money is not an issue? :wink:

lol damn dude w/e i pick juts anit good enuff now iz how bout i give u a couple grnad n u build me a system :wink:

when i say 17s would be slow to respond, i mean because of there large size, fast music with a fast beat, it will lag behind the music.

Correct, the smaller the speaker, the tighter the bass because it is able to move faster. The bigger the speaker, there is more of the lower frequency bass, like house shaking bass, because it doesn't have to move as fast. I hope this helps.

If you really want 17"s, go with http://www.ddaudio.com/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=9900b And since you say money doesn't matter, thats why I chose these for you. There close to $900 a piece, but definately worth it. If you would rather go with a couple 15"s, go with http://www.ddaudio.com/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=9500e The 15"'s are $629 a piece, infact heres a picture of one9500e_15side.jpg. I hope this also helps too.

alis5.jpg

Respect.

Sorry, first thing I thought of after reading this thread.

I can vouch for the Sony=crap thing too, I had a cheaper sony deck in my Prix, nothing but problems. I can't see myself putting anything but a Pioneer deck in any of my vehicles, due to the fact that I have Pioneer in my Cutlass and Ventura, and they perform flawlessly.

Guest RedCutlassSL

hazmatic, if money is no object, why r u putting rims, tires, and audio equipment that will be 3x the value of an 88 regal?

hazmatic, if money is no object, why r u putting rims, tires, and audio equipment that will be 3x the value of an 88 regal?

Something doesn't have to have monetary value to be of personal value.

i wanna hook up da 88 regal i think it iz a real nice car i wanna it to be muh so called pimp car n plus itz muh frst car im only 19 but eventually afta im don modin muh regal i wanna start savin up n fo a 2001 honda prelude n make me muh lil rice rocket(i kno u hate me now) but i do plna on makin it go fats not just look fast i wanna max out da engine phat system plus all da extreior detailz den i afta dat i wanna 1984 monte carlo ss n i wanna mod dat n plus all da lil toyz like croch rocketz snowmobilez n sea doaz dat im gonna want

slick i looked at da speakz u had me look at they good fo spl or bass i ratha have cleanin soundin bass den shit soundin bass dat just get high spl lvlz

Guest RedCutlassSL

yes, Blaupunkt is very high end. I have a Casablanca head unit from Blaupunkt, and it is an extremely good unit. Very well built, sounds good, nice features. All around winner.

im lookin at da new Blaupunkt "Skyline" San Francisco cd72 iz it worht da 800 price tag

i got muh face plate picked out now muh cab speakz but wut should i do fo a amp n subz (besidez da dynno audio onez i wanna way muh optionz)