help, trunk won't open!

SLAMDIT

Hey guys,

My auto tunk release isn't working. That wouldn't be that big of a deal except that when my car was repainted, we shaved the keyhole on the trunk. Anyone have any ideas how to open it besides dilling out the trunk lock? I don't wana have to repaint my trunk but if that is what it takes, then I guess I'll have no choice.

thanx

Sean

did you hit the switch on accident? theres a switch right next to the latch that you can disable all remote popping (keychain remote or interior button) making it so you have to use the key. i flip it when i leave the top down so no one can open the trunk and steal my speaker and amp

take the backseat out, put the top up, and you should be able to get through there and get it open. Its really tight but its a LOT cheaper than getting the trunk redone...and its worth a shot

take the backseat out, put the top up, and you should be able to get through there and get it open. Its really tight but its a LOT cheaper than getting the trunk redone...and its worth a shot

Yep.

x2

My trunk didn't open when I bought my car. Went in through the inside and poped it open, pretty easy even in the dark.. lol. Then I replaced the latch dealy.

I open trunks like that all the time. you need a fladhlight and a small srewdriver... you will see a point where the selonoid for the autorelease has a lever that sticks through and into the trunk latch itself. this is on the drivers side of the mechanism. you most move that lever to release the trunk...

worst case senario, bring a rachet and a few sockets in with you and remove the latch.

Well, I got in. I ended up taking the screws out of the black vinyl thing that the tops lays in when it is down and crawled though there with a 3 foot extension and a 10mm socket and just unbolted the latch. Once I got it open I figured out right away what happened. Where the wires meet the solenoid, one had broken off. Soldered it back and I am movin again.

Thanx

Sean

Well, I got in. I ended up taking the screws out of the black vinyl thing that the tops lays in when it is down and crawled though there with a 3 foot extension and a 10mm socket and just unbolted the latch. Once I got it open I figured out right away what happened. Where the wires meet the solenoid, one had broken off. Soldered it back and I am movin again.

Thanx

Sean

did you put heat-shrink on it? that might help stop the problem from happening again