Automatic door locks

warwgn3

even after having my cutty 2 years now im the only one tat has the whole locks thing covered but very few other people do. so my neighbor tried to open the door while i was unlocking and she snapped something last year and the door wouldnt open from the inside or the outside, you can bet that was a fun fix. and it would be a big improvement if the locks unlocked also

I dunno, what new cars have this feature?? Neither of my parents car's have this either...not even the Volvo which is supposed to be a safe car lol...maybe it's worse to have the doors locked in certain collisions??

GMs still do, at least up to 06.

I actually added this feature to my 89. It seemed like fun to do at the time. :lol: It does get annoying, especially when dropping passengers off. It annoys me in our 94 when my wife drops me off and I forget to unlock the door first.

Mine unlock when I turn car off. I would prefer them to do it when in park, but I kinda like it since I lock the doors anyway. Wife hates when I lock her doors as they don't do it automatically.

I always forget they're locked, and everyone in the car ends up body checking the doors trying to get out, not realizing that they're locked.

:lol: thats perfectly described too. Happens to me all the time. They hate riding in my car because they have to unlock the doors everytime.