What else would i need for a digi dash swap into a 97 SL?

Green97SL

I have the gauges cluster from a '90 or '91 (can't remember), and the ecm from the same car (3.1, auto). Is the VSS different from the 3.1 to the 3100? What about the different sensors? what i thought might be possible is to wire the sensors needed for the dash into the ecm, then wire up the dash. I know the size is completely different, but I work in a fab shop, so I could make a bezel for it. I also have the trip computer to install. If it's completely impossible, I'll probably just install a voltmeter and oil pressure gauge below the radio.

Oh- one more question. If i was to find an electonic climate control from a '95+, would it be plug and play? I know the passenger side controll wouldn't be usable, but that dosen't bother me.

Your existing sensors should be fine.

You may need an oil pressure sensor since the 95-97 dash doesn't have an oil pressure gauge.

The 3.1 ECM will be needed to drive the tach, but it cannot replace your existing PCM. You'll need to piggyback the 3.1 ECM (connect ignition module outputs to the ECM's inputs for it) so that it can read RPM and send the data to the cluster. I have not actually done this, but in theory it should work.

Does the older cluster even fit the opening in a 95-97 dash? I thought it looked a lot wider.

as far as mounting goes, alot of the width is the idiot lights on the sides. i work in a fab shop, so i can make if fit. gonna have to make some idiot lights, probably with some aluminum for the blocks, and engraved lexan up front. of course i'll leave room for a boost gauge :P