Creaky rear end

supreme_style21

The rear end of my '94 GP creaks and squeaks every time I stop or hit a bump.. so it's gotta be somethin' with my struts.. is there any way to grease these up or somethin to keep them from making noise? Its getting kind of embarassing.

I don't think it's your struts. Struts don't usually creak and squeak...they clunk when they go bad. It's probably the rear bushings. Hell if I know where you can get some though...maybe someone else will chime in on this. I know mine are bad in my 90 LE..and it clunks and thuds all the time.

sounds like the rubber at the ends of your leaf spring. You could replace the rubber or go after-market with nylon blocks.

So that is what is causing my rear end to sag?.. rear end of my car, that is :oops: I had that replaced on my Lumina a year ago. Can I do that myself? (Considering I'm retarded) and how much is that gonna run me. I gotta know how many times to stop ordering pizza and beer each week so I can afford it on my college budget.

sounds like the rubber at the ends of your leaf spring. You could replace the rubber or go after-market with nylon blocks.

So that is what is causing my rear end to sag?.. rear end of my car, that is :oops: I had that replaced on my Lumina a year ago. Can I do that myself? (Considering I'm retarded) and how much is that gonna run me. I gotta know how many times to stop ordering pizza and beer each week so I can afford it on my college budget.

For some reason..the rear end on almost EVERY 91-94 Lumina I see sags. The Z34s are some sharp looking cars...but the rear end sag has always turned me away. :? And I'm not sure what is involved with changing the bushings, but if you have to unbolt the leaf spring...be CAREFUL. That thing can break things....and body parts...if it gets away from you.

When I bought my 95 GP it had a creaking sound in the rear end too. I cannot for the life of me remember what they did to it, but they fixed it before I bought it. If I remember correctly they had a special order a part for it, it wasn't anything easy like struts or anything like that. I'm gonna rummage through some reciepts today and see if I can't find something! Oh and by the way, the cause for it was a rock that dislocated something... been driving at 100mph through a gravel road lately??

sounds like the leaf spring bushings are gone you could try some lube and get it on it or what not i just had this done on my car like last week it cost me 240 total with the used part i took it to tuffy by the way the used part was for my leaf spring cause mine snapped after i kept hearing a creeky ass end so just a heads up

- jeremy -

mine snapped after i kept hearing a creeky ass end so just a heads up

- jeremy -

Well that doesn't sound good... or inexpensive either! What happens once that baby snaps?

For some reason..the rear end on almost EVERY 91-94 Lumina I see sags. The Z34s are some sharp looking cars...but the rear end sag has always turned me away. :? And I'm not sure what is involved with changing the bushings, but if you have to unbolt the leaf spring...be CAREFUL. That thing can break things....and body parts...if it gets away from you

yeah my lumina did that, but I've never seen a GP do that.. I don't even recall seeing a leafspring underneath my grand prix.. :? Anyway it sounds like too much work for my little time.

my passenger side squeeked and it didn't go away after new struts so I sprayed WD40 all around the spring end area and the big bolts at the bottom of the strut housing and it went away after 2 or 3 days. Hasn't squeeked or creeked for six months.

On my 89 cutlass it was sqeaking so i put new struts on it and it still sqeaked i put ne rubber bushings in the back of it and it still sqeaked when i hit a bump but i noticed when it rained it would quit sqeaking so i greased the tar out of it but it still sqeaked .I couldnt figure out how to get the sqeaking to quit so it was suggested to me to clean everything under the back where that big leaf spring is or what ever its called and repaint it even the bushings.I thought it sounded stupid but didnt have any other routes to take to get it to stop sqeaking and believe it or not it took care of the problem.If you decide to try it make sure to use high temp engine paint because of the heat made from your leaf flexing up and down.