Got Some Questions

97loudcut

1.) Jeremy sold me a GP gauge cluster to go with my white face gaues (needed oragne needles). Well the RPM gauges sticks and it wont go past 4000 rpms...even when im limitng out. When it does work it doesnt move in a smooth motion at all it kinda skips up and down and it pisses me off. Whats wrong?

2.) Umm call me retarded but where the hell is my emergency light switch? I can't find it anywhere.. it's pissing me off!

3.) My car got keyed (again) down the side so I am filling ti with touch up paint, wet sanding it down with 1500 grit and then I want to buff the scuffs out. I don't have any buffing wheels or tools so I just use some elbow grease. I know meguires scratch X works very well but is there anything else I can use to bugg the marks out from wet sanding.

4.) On my climate control gauge cluster 2 of the switches backlights are out (defrost and "lower") hpw do I get to these bulbs and what kind of bulbs are they?

thanks alot guys

1.) Jeremy sold me a GP gauge cluster to go with my white face gaues (needed oragne needles). Well the RPM gauges sticks and it wont go past 4000 rpms...even when im limitng out. When it does work it doesnt move in a smooth motion at all it kinda skips up and down and it pisses me off. Whats wrong?

2.) Umm call me retarded but where the hell is my emergency light switch? I can't find it anywhere.. it's pissing me off!

3.) My car got keyed (again) down the side so I am filling ti with touch up paint, wet sanding it down with 1500 grit and then I want to buff the scuffs out. I don't have any buffing wheels or tools so I just use some elbow grease. I know meguires scratch X works very well but is there anything else I can use to bugg the marks out from wet sanding.

4.) On my climate control gauge cluster 2 of the switches backlights are out (defrost and "lower") hpw do I get to these bulbs and what kind of bulbs are they?

thanks alot guys

1) the guage overlay probably just needs to be put more flush with the cluster. The face is probably just slightly raised in that section, which causes the needle to stick. The faces were installed a few years ago, so if they started to come up a little it wouldn't suprise me.

4) you will probably have to take the unit itself apart and actually have to re-solder (sp?) replacement bulbs in...my old cutty had the same problem, but I was too lazy to attempt to fix it.

yes the buttom is missing then.

Jeremy, not the gauge overlay is sitting perfectly flat and I also have the bezel over that. That is not the problem with the prm needle

3) Rubbing compound will work the best to get out the marks left behind from wet sanding. Then scratch x after that. I'm thinking of trying some scratch X on my cutlass. The previous owner liked go through Automatic car washes with brushes, so there's tons of swirl marks that I want to remove .