LumiDriver

How would I jack up the front end with a jack and then use jack stands. I need both front tires off the ground, and then eventually both rear tires (nto at thte same time).

I don't know where to place the jack to get the tires off because I am doing all brakes today. AS soon as I figure out where I'm leaking oil from....Anyway, kinda need to know asap, cause my mom isnt very patient in waiting for me to get the rotors off and etc.. Anyone also know what size rotors my car has? Would using a tape measure work for measuring them?

Just look for a solid part of the body. Dont put it under your steering ofcourse! Under my car, I have these holes I usually just line it up. If I can find my camera, I'll take some pics for you.

bust out a BFH and hit that shit right on the ridge as you are turning it around. It will eventually come loose, the shoes create a ring on the inside that make it difficult to get off. I had to change them on my Blazer cause they were original (1997), changed them in early April this yr. Lots of rust and dust, real bitch to get them off.

bust out a BFH and hit that shit right on the ridge as you are turning it around. It will eventually come loose, the shoes create a ring on the inside that make it difficult to get off. I had to change them on my Blazer cause they were original (1997), changed them in early April this yr. Lots of rust and dust, real bitch to get them off.

Damn kid put the hammer away and back of the adjustment. :bash:

Jud

There actually is an 'old' trick using a hammer. You hit the drum ( NOT HARD, but with some effort ) right between the lugs. That breaks the bond.

Damn kid put the hammer away and back of the adjustment. :bash:

Jud

:willynilly:

10 year old drums didnt come off too well, tried everything I could get to, one wheel cylinder was seized, everything rusty, we aren't talking about a Texas car here sir, good ol' NYS road salt and grime.

---> not as much of a rook as you might think, may not be running 13's but then again I'm not retired. :biggrin:

There actually is an 'old' trick using a hammer. You hit the drum ( NOT HARD, but with some effort ) right between the lugs. That breaks the bond.

yeah I've done this a few times at the shop, but if the ridge is big, it won't always work.

What do you do if the backing plate doesn't have an access hole for the adjuster?

What do you do if the backing plate doesn't have an access hole for the adjuster?

thats what i was going to say cause alot of them dont. i usualy start with a small hammer and work up as needed.

Make sure you don't have the e-brake on either or you won't be getting anything off (just in case you put in on when jacking up the front end and forgot about it)

On an 89 cutlass ciera that I just fixed up I had to beat the living shit out of the drums to get them off because they wouldnt even spin at all (the car was sitting behind a barn for 3 years. We tried putting like a 6foot pry bar between the lugs to try to spin it loose...started to tweak the suspension. Large hammer FTW!

and by the way, brakes work perfect now...

My mom got it off, I was looking for a bigger hammer when she did lol. Now I just cant get the right front rotor off. The caliper bracket is being a pain to get off. Broke 2 tools just trying.

Assuming its the same as the earlier years, T60 torx bit mated to a 1/2" breaker bar with a piece of 3" long tubing to give the breaker bar extra length should to the trick. Also, turn your wheel as well, this will give you more room for leverage.

I had to use that above 2 weeks ago on my gf's Regal. The impact gun wasn't even budging the bolts.

Another little tip, if you dont have a T60 bit, go get a quality one, not one thats a couple bucks. Youll be thanking yourself you got the better quality. Ive broken a couple of the cheaper ones. Not fun.

Another little tip, if you dont have a T60 bit, go get a quality one, not one thats a couple bucks. Youll be thanking yourself you got the better quality. Ive broken a couple of the cheaper ones. Not fun.

I've twisted the shit out of the expensive ones, even though they are lifetime warranty it's a bitch getting them replaced (no dealers around here) From now on I buy the cheap $3 or $4 ones from Advance and if I break them I just head over to Advance and get a new one. Getting floor mounted seatbelts out of older cars is FTL.