climate control buttons

Supreme Cutlass

The paint behind the buttons on my climate controls are cracked and hard to read. Is this a comon problem? More importantly, should I replace it or just live with it?

If you're like me, have it memorized, and use your Cutty for day to day driving, leave it..

..If you want pristine condition parts, or dont know the location of the climate controls, then replace it..

..Mine are fine, and since my AC works, Im always up on the switches, lol..

If you're like me, have it memoried, and use your Cutty for day to day driving, leave it..

..If you want pristine condition parts, or dont know the location of the climate controls, then replace it..

...memoried?

The main thing is that others can't read it, and it just looks trashy IMO

THERE, I fixed it! :lol: Damn Z key not working.. Odd seeing as I use it like 3 times a month..

..I does look trashy, yes.. BUt then why ask if you should replace or not? Not to be an ass or anything, but I was under the impression you didn't mind it this way or that..

The HELL YEA replace it!

Well, the reason I asked if it was a common problem was if I would be able to pull one in good shape. I didn't know if I would have to pay alot to get one in good condition. I've taken it apart before and it seems pretty simple, but you never know.

maybe somebody could put up a pic of the controls for you. You can print it out and shove it in your glove box. Then later on you can use labeling tape and mark them off for temporary use until you replace them. Ill put up a pic tomorrow if you want. By the way, I don't even have an off button. Its just a light.

I dont think I've ever seen one with cracked/worn buttons, so I wouldn't say its a common thing.

You can use this pic for reference until ya get a new one.

cuttylights030-1.jpg

I dont think I've ever seen one with cracked/worn buttons, so I wouldn't say its a common thing.

You can use this pic for reference until ya get a new one.

cuttylights030-1.jpg

With mine, they look okay, but once the light shines through behind them everything looks cracked and you can't read anything

half my heater control buttons on my gp have broke off. Like the button itself is still there, but the part that shows what that botton does isnt there, its just clear and just light shines through it, i dont really care either about it, cause I know what every button does anyways. I know that lots of first gen GP's had this problem

Yeah, this is very common. They may have fixed it in the 94's when they slightly revised them.

In my '88 with manual AC, its buttons look fine, but the blue paint on the inside is cracked and allowing light to shine through.

Strangely, I have never seen this happen to the auto climate control. Just the manual.

If you're like me, have it memorized, and use your Cutty for day to day driving, leave it..

The whale should have a NOS ECC by next weekend... :thumb:

:willynilly: It's going to be the highest optioned 92 vert by the time i get down there Jay! Want me to ship the 282 I have here so you can throw that in while you're at it?! :lol: :lol:

:willynilly: It's going to be the highest optioned 92 vert by the time i get down there Jay! Want me to ship the 282 I have here so you can throw that in while you're at it?! :lol: :lol:

he may have the hoighest optioned 92 vert...

but I have the highest optioned 91 and 93 !!! (at least by the end of this week.)

btw, I know what you guys mean. I see the cracking too.

I believe it is casued by runnning the interior backlighting at maximum intensity all the time. Needless to say I'm very light sensitive and I don't do that. I usually run with minimum intensity, but then again I could run silent and dark since I have HUDs, and I wire them in to give me all indicators. pitch black interior, yeah baby!

Yeah, this is very common. They may have fixed it in the 94's when they slightly revised them.

In my '88 with manual AC, its buttons look fine, but the blue paint on the inside is cracked and allowing light to shine through.

Strangely, I have never seen this happen to the auto climate control. Just the manual.

Yeah, it's definitely happened to my auto climate control on my '89, but that's the only piece that it's happened to. The DIC, cluster, headlight switch and pneumatic seat switches are all ok.