DIC Help! I need info

RJansen658

Ok guys help me make some choices here. I have a 93' Lumina, and have been collecting parts for it for a LOOOONG time. I have the big brake strut assemblys, and I will be doing an engine swap in the future. I want to add a DIC, but Pontiac isn't a car I've had very many of and none with DIC's. I can picture the bonneville DIC and HUD but thats about it. Now I already know a Lumina C200 isn't wired for a DIC, for that I am planning on cutting out an ENTIRE C200 connector and dismantling it to see if its possible to add pins to my own C200 for a plug and play install. But as I said I am going to be swapping in an L67. I will be using all 98' parts, i.e. 98' L67, 98' GTP PCM, 98' Monte Carlo 3800 Enigine harness, and 98' OBD II port. What DIC is the best for me? I can't picture any of them, so I don't know what one look nice, or dimensions for the mod and such. Is there a specific DIC for OBD II applications? Should I get a 98' DIC? Is there anywhere in my dash it will fit? Any pics you guys have of DICs that might work for me would be greatly appreciated. Any opinions on which DIC performs/looks better would help too. And also, I would have no problem wiring up the door/lamp monitor systems, so don't let that affect your "votes"

If you are going OBD2, none of the 88-93 CUtty or GP DICs will function 100% (THe economy functions)..

..If you can get the DICs from OBD2 cars to function singly, they should interface with the OBD2 system..

..I beleive the 96 GP DIC will work for you in this instance..

Oh, of course not, but you'd have a kickass compass, anyway. Plus, you could pass it off as some nifty onboard navigation that you just "don't feel like activating."

Well ok guys, today I went to this new junk yard that opened up to do some research. I found a few cars with DICs so now I at least have something to go on. I saw 2 92-93 4dr STE's with DIC's and HUD's They had the DIC integrated into the center console.... but it looked like it could be removed and mounted into something else. My Lumi is a 4dr. but since I'm going OBD II this one won't work right? I also saw a few DIC's in Bonnevilles, but they looked like they were integrated into the cluster permanently, also not OBD II The DIC's in the STE's appeared to have electric seat controls wired into them, which was part of the center console lid. They didnt have and 98'+ cars for me to see if they had DIC's. I still need to know if there are 98'+ cars with DIC's, or if there are any other OBD II capable DIC's. Is the 96' GP DIC OBD II? What will work with OBD II? Also, I saw lots of digital clusters.....I want to go that way too, but will the OBD II interfere with me there two? Anybody know? It shouldn't but what digi cluster fits best?

On a side note, I saw ton's of super clean w bodies with great parts... tons of trunk carpet liners, Lumina window switch covers and consoles, seats, visorss, switches, clusters, you name it. If anybody needs anything pm and I'll see if they got it. The prices were super cheap there, since it all u-pull-it.

Yes they were. Only the 1990 models couldn't get em.

The STE DIC is completely removable, and the AQ9 seat controls are totally seperate...so dont worry bout those. But no, most of it wont work.

As said before a 97+ GP DIC will work. 96 too, but good luck finding one.

actually Toro, I think you are right....I think I was thinking about TSTEs....

..anyway, finding a '96 DIC is going to be very difficult to do, you would be better off with a +97

Anything 96+ will work for you as it will interface just the same with ypou intended computer system.. Year to year isnt that big a difference.. The difference lies I know with the Aurora DICs.. THose i think are a little different..

Ok I get that, I mean, I don't know what any of them look like.... Do they change much from year to year?Are they all console mounted? Are some dash-mounted? There are NO pics on google that I can find....

I do not have any pics of the 97+, or the 96..

..However, these are all dash mounted in GPs, and are a little easier to throw any ol place..