GT not for me

rjtiminskygtp

So, funny story. I go to the Local Pontiac Dealer to test drive a 2002 Grand Prix GT. I get there and it's gone to get cleaned up, ok that's fine. Come back today and it's out getting a new windshield. Awesome. COme back when it get's back and get the key, sit in it and turn it on, starts fine, then the motor dies. Start it again, starts fine, then the motor dies. Try a third time and it won't even start. I go back in and they laugh and say Oh must be the fuel filter. Point of the story, this GT isn't meant for me haha. Not that anybody cares, but I was pretty bummed

Posted on: Today at 08:22:01 PMPosted by: jeremy

run :smile:

I could...My figure could use it :willynilly: haha... No I dunno...I think I'll keep looking for a GT or try to find a 2000 Monte SS

lol if you started it and it died right away, are you sure you are using the right key? you're only supposed to use the key with the rubber end to it. the other key is strictly for doors/trunk only

you use the door/trunk only key in the ignition, and the car will start, run for a few seconds, then die.........

Oh sorry, it was a 2002, so both keys are good for both parts, I even tried both of them, and I'd give it gas to try to get it to stay running, and it'sd rev up then die...to say the least I was angered

Posted on: Today at 12:35:11 AMPosted by: C-BAD

"HAHAHA must be fuel filter"

Yeah they sound like a good dealership... stay away!

Well I AM in a small town lol. We have a Chrysler, a GM, and a Ford dealership...nothing else...oh and 2 used car lots lol. When I get really serious about buying my car though I am going to go into the cities and look at the lots there. I'm one hour from Red Deer, 2 hours from Edmonton, and 2 hours away from Calgary, so the travel won't be an issue!

Yeah it's the same here (35,000 pop).. large dealerships are only the "big 3", and theres a handful of used dealerships around too. 20min away In London it's 10x bigger, so theres like 6 GM dealerships, pretty much every other kinda dealership too. And like 1.5hrs away theres a plethora of new and used car dealerships... wish I needed a new car :lol:

Posted on: Today at 08:22:01 PMPosted by: jeremy

run :smile:

I could...My figure could use it :willynilly: haha... No I dunno...I think I'll keep looking for a GT or try to find a 2000 Monte SS

monte's are less dated looking. i'm biased though

Yeah, I like the style they have. I dunno, I think no Grand Prix is meant for me. My GTP keeps breaking down, that one wouldn't stay running, I test drove a 2000 GTP and it wouldn't start the first time I went to drive it. God bye Pontiac and Grand Prix, Hello MC!

i went for the ls 3400 though. the car is not a barn burner but it will get up and go when needed.i get 34MPG average highway. the SS's only get 20-22. i drive 24-40K a year so mileage is very important. plus the trunk of the monte is big enough for my speakers and all my luggage and stuff.

Yeah, I think I might go to the GM dealer today and take an LS for a test drive...a 2005, just to see what it's like. How many Miles are on your car, and is it still powerful?

its still as powerful as it was. its got 80Kmiles and aside from reg. maint. ive had to replace all the rotors and pads and the "150K mile coolant" looked like dirt at about 70K. i've had the struts done.(rears a couple weeks ago and im just about to do the fronts). i think thats it.