TGP Interior Color?

GnatGoSplat

What stock interior color do you like better in a black TGP?  

1. 1. What stock interior color do you like better in a black TGP?

• The tan and brown combo (and a touch of graphite).
    • The light gray and graphite combo.

I have a helluva hard time finding the tan (beechwood) colored interior parts for my TGP. I'm seriously considering to convert to the light gray and graphite combo. I'm just curious what peoples' opinions are on what interior color is more desirable.

I like the grey and grahite, especially on a Black TGP. I dont like the Tan much on any car. For a black TGP, I would really like black leather and dark graphite interior. JMO

Robby

I had tan stock in my black grand prix SE project car. I am painting all the parts grey now and have to find a new headliner and carpet. Tan sucks unless its a green car IMO. Grey is pretty common though so if you want, start painting them some other car or make a two tone interior.

Do the gray conversion and pick up some dark gray (black) leather seats from a GP, like I had in my Z34. That would be awesome. Maybe Chris (the guy who bought my car and was wrecked) would sell you those graphite seats. You'd lose the back buckets but who cares, it would look WAY better with the black leather.

-Tom

Yeah, I originally wanted to do full graphite, but my truck is already black with a full graphite interior and our 94 Cutlass also is black with a full graphite interior. At least the light gray would be a little bit of variety over my other two cars!

I wouldn't want to lose the rear buckets or pneumatic controls though, don't 91-93 come in graphite with rear buckets?

I'm gonna say tan because I think gray looks better in the sedans. Of course all the TGP's I have ever seen have had the tan. What parts are you looking for? I have some...if you can wait a month or so.

Yeah they do come to think of it. They are the leather seats that only have dark leather on the seating areas, the sides are gray cloth. Good looking seats in my opinion. You're right about the pneumatic controls and buckets, I can understand liking those. Too bad the newer ones never came with stuff like that. Chalk up one more for the 88-93 W-Bodies.

-Tom

I'm gonna say tan because I think gray looks better in the sedans. Of course all the TGP's I have ever seen have had the tan. What parts are you looking for? I have some...if you can wait a month or so.

I need the brown pieces along the door sill and the one along the passenger side "A" pillar. I also need that big brown piece on the driver side trim panel around the door handle.

My sisters Prix is green with the gold crosslace wheels and tan interior and I agree it looks good with green. But for a black car I would go with either black, or light/dark grey. Personally if I had a Prix with tan interior and I changed the interior color, I'd also have to put on silver crosslace wheels.

While the gray is real decent looking in TGP's, I still prefer the Tan. Its real cowhide color. I recently bought a Rendezvous with the two-tone grey leather and now I think I would have prefered the tan.

:?: :?: Whats the right way to spell this color GRAY or GREY :?: :?:

:?: :?: Whats the right way to spell this color GRAY or GREY :?: :?:

According to Dictionary.com:

grey ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gr)

adj. & n. & v.

Variant of gray1.

(bunch of other definitions snipped)

grey

\Grey\, a. See Gray (the correct orthography).

So GRAY is the correct spelling, but it can be spelled either way.