Put in a new dash and speakers

Supreme Cutlass

This thing finally came in :biggrin:

IMG_2165.jpg

Installed it along with new pioneer 4" in the front. I'm not sure what to do with it, I really want to protect it the best I can, so I'll probably put sunshades up when I'm stopped, and maybe a towel on it for really long drives. Any reccomendations? It's warped slightly in the very center I just didn't want to screw anything up so I just left it.

Looks good :thumb:

BTW: Whats up with the Ford Truck Rearview mirror??

It's not that big, it's tilted toward the camera so it just looks bigger

It doesn't have the pieces that go over the shifter or the insert and arm rest. But it's yours if you want it. Free. :)

lol, then hell yes I want it

Looks great!!

I should post a pic of the deteroration of my dash from last fall to the present lol....it's hilereous looking...speaker grilles don't line up to anything, they are just there....winkled EVERYWHERE, pulled away from the defrost and the ends so it's jammed against the windshield, but no cracking :shrug: lol, ther'es about 100 screws holding the end of it up so I can see my guage cluster, I'll get a pic of these screws GM put in lol..it's quite funny

i will never ever use armorall, unless its applied all the time it dries out the material and edventaually makes things worse.

mothers used to make a GREAT product for interior plastics, but i think they have since discontinued making it. i'm presently useing a product by turtlewax called "F41" so far it seems ok.

i will never ever use armorall, unless its applied all the time it dries out the material and edventaually makes things worse.

mothers used to make a GREAT product for interior plastics, but i think they have since discontinued making it. i'm presently useing a product by turtlewax called "F41" so far it seems ok.

I hate it when the sun reflects off of it, but I want something that protects it? any chemicals that protect without being shiny? :confused:

Chris, I disagree with that. Armorall was applied once...yes once a year every year on my old Isuzu Trooper that my parent originally bought new in Alberque, NM in 1988 and was moved to the East Coast. The dash and interior plastics were still in excellent condition when my parents donated it in 2002 (thanks to my mom messing up the differential by not disengauging the 4WD properly). Since I've had the cutlass, I've used Armor All on both the exterior rubber (minus tires) and interior plastics at least 2 or 3 times a year. I probably could get by with once a year, but my dashboard is not warped or dry, and I hope to keep it that way. The exterior rubber was already faded/dry in many places when I got the cutlass. I tried Mothers Back to Black on the exterior, and it didn't work as well as Armor All.

Yeah, just put a towel over it. I know several people that do that to save there dashes.

:biggrin:

I have used spray 9 before, that stuff worked great and i never had a problem with my dashes

The problem with mine was where it mounts to the IP was broken. ALthough the stock one was in a tad better shape than this one, Im not complaining.

Is it just me or does the dash pad not seem too bad. I mean you can replace those speaker grilles.

The problem with mine was where it mounts to the IP was broken. ALthough the stock one was in a tad better shape than this one, Im not complaining.

Is it just me or does the dash pad not seem too bad. I mean you can replace those speaker grilles.

It's just you. looks a whole lot worse in person

i've heard enough horror stories about camaro's dashpads cracking that its enough to keep me away, and mine is fine after 20 years now, and its never been hit with the stuff, sure it may be "ok" but there are definately better products. i'll have to find the bottle from that mothers interior cleaner i used to have, i wish i could find it again but it seems as though its been discontinuesd.