DIC installed, interior lights stay on?

Calvin

I have had the battery on my car disconnected for about a month or so doing an engine swap, and while I had the engine torn apart, I figured what the heck, and put in one of my DICs while I was at it. Tonight I hooked up the battery to crank the engine over and see if the starter was shimmed right, and the damned interior lights wouldn't shut off! I wired up the DIC by using the whole pigtail from the donor, all the way up to the C200 or whatever its called under the passenger side dash, so I didn't splice anything fishy.... WTF, does this happen a lot?

Kurt

a lot of times there are a few of the same color wire going to that connector. I remember I had a HELL of a time getting my HUD to giveout speed because there were TWO identically colored wires. I would use a pinout and double check EVERYTHING.

P.S. I'm glad I'm done with Kettering for the summer

Well, shit, I just don't get it, The only thing I did was plug an extra connector into the C200. Even if the wires are the same color, I don't see GM getting confused. I am wondering if it is feeding back power through the ground for the DIC or something. Is there like an extra diode or something for the high option level cars?

I am glad to be done for the term too, but it appears that I will be missing deans list AGAIN this term by a few points. DAMMIT!

BTW, 3400 is running now, and I have some uh, a lot of, uh tuning to do.