Triple-white Cutlass convertible in my back yard!

Mach5Gus

Well, not my yard, but in the parking lot behind my building. Saw it this morning when I was going to work. White Cutlass, 3.4, white top and interior. Here's the sad part: it was *trashed*. Heavy, heavy rust around the wheel wells and rocker panels- gaping holes. The top was filthy and torn to shreds, practically- holes big enough to stuff a cat thru. The interior was full of junk, and while I didn't get close enough to see, it didn't look to be terribly clean or well-kept.

Broke my heart to see that car, but it did make me feel better about the little flaws the Mach 5 has! The owner might be a new tenant in my building, not sure yet. The car wasn't there this evening when I got home. I don't think I'll talk to them about it tho- what would I say, "Uh, used to be a nice car..."?

Run away from it...as much as it hurts to see/hear something like that about one of our my rare cars in the W family, it's not worth the body work (from what you described) to fix it all...then nice top and everything that goes along with that, etc....

Wow, that is sad. When I see those cars I first get mad at the owner, then think well damn, that car must've had a pretty sweet time in it's heyday...my car is still having it's heyday. You should walk up to him and slap him...with a duelling glove

HMMMM I COULD USE A THIRD BROKEN VERT PROJECT! I GOT TWO!!!! DOA!

where is it? go find out if it is for sale!

pics!!!!!!

Ken, Ken, Ken... NO!

You should ask him what he plans to do with it. If he's going to junk it, I call dibs on the rubber molding around the windshield. :)

Crazy K, that's the spirit! It pains me to hear of such neglect though, who could have the gall to do that to a Vert (and a triple white at that!), why wouldn't you just sell it to someone who would love it before it became ratshit?

You should ask him what he plans to do with it. If he's going to junk it, I call dibs on the rubber molding around the windshield. :)

I guess while we are calling dibs, I would love the square trim cups that the convertable top hooks into and any weather stripping from the rear or right side. :wink: Crazy, with all your verts laying around, you wouldn't happen to have extra "trim cuppy things" would you?

For pic see http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,41454.0.html

/end shameless plug

i have no spare parts. I know where 2 junk verts are and I plan to strip both... on friday

That's cool man. Seriously though, if you can spare that molding, I know someone that is willing to pay a decent amount of money for it.

people must say that about my car alot, since well it does look fairly beat, different colors, hasen't seen a wax since sometime in 2004.

except mine will have its heyday, soon.

to be specific, do you mean the rubber between the frame of the window and the glass, on the outside of the window?

or weatherstipping????????

to be specific, do you mean the rubber between the frame of the window and the glass, on the outside of the window?

or weatherstipping????????

weatherstripping

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt this thing has more decent parts on it than you could fit in a shoebox w/ the shoes still in it!

Got a closer look at the interior, and wish I hadn't- ugh. There's wire coat hanger running from the inside pass. door lock to the upper rear corner of the pass. door window- apparently, it won't unlock from outside. Classy. At least the hanger is white like the car. I find it amazing that an LQ1 still runs in a car like this- if nobody could maintain the body, I can't imagine the level of neglect the engine has seen! (Pictures of the shredding remains of a 150,000-mile timing belt run thru my mind!)

I'll try to get some pics, but seriously, brace yourselves- the thing is just sad to look at. Picture the total opposite of Psychomatt's car, just tragic. You guys *sure* you want pics...?

it might still be better than my 92 vert.... GP headlights??? WTF? (I got em free, I need the fibergalss frame) PICS THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys- I've learned that it's not there every night, esp. the nights I have my digicam on me, of course. :rolleyes: I'll get it tho, don't worry- it's me! :razz:

i have no spare parts. I know where 2 junk verts are and I plan to strip both... on friday

You have two verts, you don't need a third!

yeah, ya vert whore :mrgreen: