I'm back from the depths of HELL!!

warwgn3

Well, I'm just putting in a word that I arrived back from my trip safely.

I had lots of fun with my station wagon friends in Hell MI. The Lumina ran awesomely. Way better than I expected. it got about 26 mpg while driving at 100km/h (62mph) in "reg. D" @ 3,000 rpm while pulling the 600lb camper plus my gear. On the way home, I went 540Kms (335 miles) from Hell MI to Whitby ON, on one tank of gas. The entire trip was 915Kms (570 miles), and I only used 1-1/3 tank.

Other than a slight overheating scare on the I-94 parking lot, (I put the heater on full to bring the temp guage back down), and using my CB to tell a couple of truckers to GTFOMA, the ride was very smooth and relaxing.

Wow that's good gas mileage! Almost makes my 3100 jealous! :willynilly:

Damn, your car must be really bad. My Regal can pull about 37 Mpg on the highway, and I usually got about 28 - 29 all around. The cutlass, well, I get about 22 - 25, depending on how hard I drive it, and it will pull about 34 on the highway. Same with our 97 lumina the best we ever pulled was 40 MPG highway.

BTW: Glad to hear that it all worked out on your trip. Now if only i could get a picture of the 92 Lesabre with a flatdeck hauling a mustang II that I drove... :lol: