sniperi311

im in need of a new radiator for my 93 old cutlass supreme, i dont have the money to buy a new one, everywhere wants over 200 dollars, ive tried jb weld, and some stuff you put in your radiator, both worked for about a week each, i was looking on ebay and theres none for my car, i was wondering if i could buy one from like a corsica of a beretta, if anyone knows that i can do that or not, just need a regular radiator with the transmission cooler, and i really dont trust jy's for parts like this, had too many bad parts just break on me any help would be appreciated, thanx

Go to an Autozone, or something along those lines... Usually, they have a lifetime warranty. Yes your looking at $200, but thems the breaks...

Other than that the bone yard would be the way to go.... They also offer some type of warranty... usually 30-90 days. You would likely looking at $50 from a j/y...

I don't see anything wrong with getting one from the wreckers. :dunno: Just make sure it looks good an is not from a car that was hit from the front. Make sure they have some sort of warrantee on it so if it leaks you can take it back.

If its just the tanks or one of the tanks leaking,you may be able to have a rad shop repair it...or if its inside the fins somewhere they may be able to fix...I had a leaking radiator that needed a new tank on one side.Cost me 65 bucks to have it repaired and bad tank replaced and the entire rad cleaned,pressure tested and etc.Been going fine for 3 years now.

Check around for rad repair shops near you,they may be able to save you a bundle.

a 93 CS radiator will not be the same as a 96 lum

early W's 88-93 CS, GP, regal, and 90-94 Lumina have the same radiator

later W's, 94-96 GP, 94+ CS, 94+ regal, and 95-99 M carlo, and 95+Lumina have the same

they are each retained differently, and the later ones have hte fans bolt to the radiator, and not the plastic radiator 'hold down'.

its the side tank thats leaking, ill see if i cant get that fixed, sounds like a decent idea, i would go to a jy but i just dont trust the ones by me also, there not always the best cars, and they offer no warranty, thanx for the help