anyone around indianapolis to look at my engine?

Psych0matt

so, Basically, i was just wondering if there is anyone around the indy area that would be willing to give me a hand in trying to figure out why my car is being stupid. Preferrably someone with DOHC knowledge, but not necessarily. I stopped in one shop already, and it looks like theyre good at fixing things, but most places dont seem to know too much about diagnosis. anyways, i figure its worth a shot

Symptoms:

stumbles randomly

lacks power (isnt bad at all if I'm taking it really easy)

engine is a bit loud.

My thoughts:

Exhaust leak fairly possible, possibly my egr tube

cat converter finally plugging up maybe

timing could still be off, but i really don't think so

You said there may be a leak. Take a piece of hose, put one end to your ear and take the other end and move all around your engine bay. That should help you find the area of the problem.

You could have leaky gaskets, a vacuum problem, it's really hard saying. Take some carb cleaner and spray it at your intake gaskets while the engine is running. Listen to any variation in the engine speed. Visually inspect all of your vacuum lines.

Exhaust, chop off the cat if you think it is a problem and put a straight pipe in it's place. Sure, your exhaust will be a bit more raspier, but it may run better if you think it is bad.

How's your O2? Was it the one from your old engine, or a new one with the new engine? If your cat was bad, thats usually caused by a faulty O2 or too much gas in the exhaust.

Call me Punk! I'm in town and am willing to look at it.

this may be my last of second to last weekend here.

I'm not a 3.4 expert, but I have an idea or two.......................

poor car.

the red wire was a phantom ground... wtf?

I helped fix a few other things, and adjust a bad door handle.

not sure why the car is running weak.

matts going to look over the cluster wiring, because he thinks he crossed a wire, since the check engine light is not-functioning.

I'll see ya next time I'm around Matt! peace out!

btw.... we had an influx of THree cutlass convertables at the same place and time!