Bucket Seats - Model Crossover

Redfox340

I know the other Gen I W-Body seat are swap-able...

I know the 1997+ front seats from the W-Bodies are direct bolt ins...

However, I am in need of something more; less lateral movement.

I'm not looking for expensive racer-like Sparco seats or the re-enforced five point harness, but wondering what other GM model seats will have the same (if any) bolt-up pattern to the floorboard of my Cutlass? The reason I ask is that I was riding in my buddy's Z26 and his bucket seat have some really good side, lumbar and hip restraints. Anyone know some figures? Thanks!

- RedFox340

So bonneville seats would bolt right into my car, does this include all H-body model years? I'd love to have some buckets out of a bonne 8)

Thats not a problem cause I know somebody with a '90 Lesabre if I get the urge for Bonneville seats, I'll just take some measurments first.

If you want to take a trip to Pennsburg PA I know of a mid-late 90s (97?)bonneville with tan leather seats still intact at the U-pull it. Might cost you $15-20 per front seat, $13 for the rear. The seats are friggin huge too

does anyone have pix or know where some might be of whut Cutlass buckets would look like in a 88 Grand Prix? my friends has a 94 surpreme and they're leather and jus yeah very comfy, i jus dunno how it'd look in the car...any thoughts?

yeah i have the basic grey, he has dark grey almost black leather and i found some for cheap in better shape than his but i don't think it'd go good, my friend thinks it'd look fine, consider i wanna paint some of stuff black (ie vents, door switches, manual door lock) jus lil stuff to make it more black accressories instead of all the grey, not ricer either, i've seen it done nice, where it look like the accent color was gloss black, very sweet~ sorry rambling...i shut up now =)

Take a look at 92-96 Grand prix front buckets (not the square backed shit, real buckets) theyre almost exactly the same as cutlass ones

While at the junkyard, I found a smashed 1997 Grand Prix and noticed that the rear bench seat is attached by a plastic hooks... I didn't get a good look or time to dismantle it, but it is possible to transfer hardware (from either mine or donor) and stick those in correctly and safely? Has anyone tried or looked into it? :?

If so, I'm all over it... but if not, I'm not gutsy enough to jump into something that could be somewhat expensive and not entirely sure that it will work. Thanks!

- RedFox340