mischief3003

Hey guys im new to car audio sum help me out here. I bought my car and one of the 6x9s in the back sint working. So I wanted to know what are sum good cheap speakers? And what size speakers are in the front? I went to Tweeter yesterday and i listened to these polk momo speakers. Tey are so nice but so much.

I myself have always liked pioneer (resonably priced) and alpine (Kick ass speaker for breaking your wallet cost).

I am not sure what the front speaker size is because your car has a different interior than mine. Good luck.

Check out the RPO sticker (on the bottem side of the spare tire cover in the trunk)

It will have either UQ3 (premium system), or UX7 (regular system). I'm gonna guess that your car has the UQ3, it is a bit of a pain in the ass because it's got the rear speakers bi-amped (yeah It's stupid)

http://www.wbodysource.com/Gallery/d/849-1/UQ3+premium+radio.JPG

The UX7 is just regular 2 wires going to the speaker, and you can easily change it with whatever you want.

So your speaker isn't working AT ALL? I'm almost thinking it's an electrical problem, not the speaker itself.

If you are gonna buy new rear speakers, don't spend alot. You might as well get some from teh junkyard for $10, or get some cheap Pioneer or something. The front is where the important sound comes from!

Check out the RPO sticker (on the bottem side of the spare tire cover in the trunk)

It will have either UQ3 (premium system), or UX7 (regular system). I'm gonna guess that your car has the UQ3, it is a bit of a pain in the ass because it's got the rear speakers bi-amped (yeah It's stupid)

The UX7 is just regular 2 wires going to the speaker, and you can easily change it with whatever you want.

So your speaker isn't working AT ALL? I'm almost thinking it's an electrical problem, not the speaker itself.

If you are gonna buy new rear speakers, don't spend alot. You might as well get some from teh junkyard for $10, or get some cheap Pioneer or something. The front is where the important sound comes from!

Those rear ones are a coazial type aren't they?? I know my RX-7 the factory ones have a capacitor on the side that does whatever....it was dead on my RX-7 and that speaker was totally dead...I put in my Alpines and it worked perfect...though a wiring problem can't be ruled out that's just another suggestion as well

*Prepares for haters* My Sony 6x9's in the rear are very good. Some people hate all Sony products but I think mine sound good. I mean if you crank my system up to like 36+ it gets distorted but honestly who needs it that loud? My deck goes up to like 50 I think and I think 28 is annoying at times. Plus, they only cost me like $75 at Circuit City.

Those rear ones are a coazial type aren't they?? I know my RX-7 the factory ones have a capacitor on the side that does whatever....it was dead on my RX-7 and that speaker was totally dead...I put in my Alpines and it worked perfect...though a wiring problem can't be ruled out that's just another suggestion as well

If he has the UQ3, then they are dual voice coil... so he would have to decide if he would rather use the 6X9s for the lows, or highs...but not both. I'm running the higher end Pioneers for the bass and some Bose tweeters that I jacked from an old pair of 301s for the other set of wires. :lol: It actually sounds really nice.

If he has the UQ3, then they are dual voice coil... so he would have to decide if he would rather use the 6X9s for the lows, or highs...but not both. I'm running the higher end Pioneers for the bass and some Bose tweeters that I jacked from an old pair of 301s for the other set of wires. :lol: It actually sounds really nice.

Or he could go get some dual voice coil aftermarkets? lol or liike you said.. get some cheaper satellite tweater and mount in the back deck and run the highs through

go for some polks, there great. ive got the db690's in the rear and there great. thell be even greater when i add an amp. the polks sound tons better wiht an amp but still sound great on headunit power.

*Prepares for haters*

oh you better be ready bitch. Sony sucks my balls, and many others as well. :lol:

hey hey hey, sony has done me very well. I have ran sony HU, amps, subs, and 6x9s for over 4 years now, with no problems. And it sounds great.

So I was talking to my one friend and he said he could hook me up for cheap. He knows people at tweeter too lol. SO anyways i was thinking maybe like pioneer because they are cheap and good. I dont think i will be able to reuse these speakers in my next car. Does anyone know the biggest size i can put in the front????